Las Vegas welcomes the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk with Cancer Survivors, Caregivers and Health Professionals
The American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer (MSABC) Walk safely returns in person in Las Vegas. The event celebrates breast cancer survivors, their families and friends. This large-scale traditional walk unites communities, companies, and individuals throughout the area in the fight to end breast cancer. Making Strides is the largest network of breast cancer awareness events in the nation. The event is free and all are welcome; registration is required.
- MakingStridesWalk.org/LasVegas: SUNDAY, OCT. 24 at RED ROCK CASINO RESORT AND SPA, 11011 W. Charleston Blvd in Las Vegas. Contact is Angela VanBrackle; email is LasVegasNVStrides@cancer.org. 1.800.227.2345. Registration 7 am; Opening Ceremonies 8 am; Walk 8:30 am
- Event will be held in the NORTHWEST PARKING LOT, on the corner of Charleston and 215.
Funds raised through the Making Strides movement allow the American Cancer Society to serve breast cancer patients and their families where and when they need us most – even during a global pandemic.
- Cancer information and resources are always available at cancer.org, and people can find information and support by calling our 24/7 cancer helpline at 1.800.227.2345 and talking with a cancer information specialist. Live chat and video chat options are also available.
- Through a simple mobile app, newly diagnosed breast cancer patients can connect with trained breast cancer survivors for support during their journey – anywhere in the country.
- ACS-funded researchers are still in the lab seeking breakthrough treatments and running clinical trials.
- Through our advocacy affiliate, the American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network, advocates are still working with national, state, and local governments to push for policy changes that help cancer patients and their families.
Making Strides will reunite in Las Vegas, in accordance with CDC, state, and local health guidance and regulations. “The safety and well-being of our volunteers, participants, and staff will be our main priority and drives our decision making in each community. Many of those decisions will be dependent on the health and safety guidance in place at the time of our event,” said Angela VanBrackle, Senior Director for the Making Strides Walk of Las Vegas. “For example, participants can expect re-imagined walk routes and layouts to minimize gatherings and crowd size, as well as additional safety measures to ensure a safe and personalized experience.” Important safety details will continue to be updated based on the evolving situation and will be communicated to registered participants prior to event day.
“As we look to the road ahead, more determined and more inspired than ever, we invite the communities of Las Vegas, Henderson and all our neighbors to join forces with the American Cancer Society – the nation’s nonprofit leader in the breast cancer fight,” said VanBrackle. “Together we will celebrate survivors and thrivers, fund the future of breast cancer research and programs, and ensure all women and men have a fair and just opportunity to prevent, find, treat, and survive breast cancer.” Our event is made possible due to the continued support of our flagship sponsors: Red Rock Casino and Spa, Optum Care Cancer Care, and Health Plan of Nevada.
To learn more about the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event and how you can become involved, visit MakingStridesWalk.org/LasVegas. For cancer information anytime, or information about local events, call the American Cancer Society at 1.800.227.2345 or visit cancer.org.