Testing two new concepts, the chef behind some of Vegas’ best restaurants will take over Vegas Test Kitchen every Wednesday from March 31 to April 21
In just a few short months, Fergusons Downtown’s Vegas Test Kitchen is reaching its goal of being the go-to place for chefs to test out new concepts, and for the community to come in and try some of these first bites.
Since opening in December 2020, Vegas Test Kitchen has welcomed its first resident chef, brought in multiple popups, held events, launched a bar program and more, with no signs of slowing down.
Launching Wednesday, March 31, Vegas Test Kitchen will welcome Guest Chef Kim Canteenwalla, the culinary mind behind a variety of restaurants including Las Vegas favorite Honey Salt, who will offer two concepts: Play Dough – highlighting pierogies, pastries, pies and more; and Picks, Sticks & Fingers – focused on global skewers and finger foods.
Popping up every Wednesday from March 31 through Wednesday, April 21 from 4-9pm, tickets are available through secretburger.com. Though tickets are required for reserving each dish in advance, walk ins are always welcome. Chef Kim’s full menus include:
- Yukon Gold Potato Pierogi with caramelized onions and horseradish crème fraiche
- Vegetable Samosa with coriander and mint chutney
- Shepherd’s Pie with wagyu beef, mashed potato, and cheddar cheese gratinee
- Quebecois Tourtiere with minced duroc pork, caramelized onions, and sweet pepper relish
- Maine Lobster Pot Pie with savory spinach, root vegetables, fennel, fingerling potatoes and brandy cream
- Organic Chicken Pot Pie with carrots mushrooms, peas, and fingerling potatoes
- Bananas Foster Cream Pie with Valrhona chocolate and spiced rum
Picks, Sticks & Fingers
- Elote-Mexican Street Corn on the Cob with cojita cheese, chili mayonnaise, cilantro and lime
- Vietnamese Sugar Cane Shrimp with ginger lemongrass, kafir lime leaves, bird chili
- Todd’s Lobster Corn Dog with bang bang mustard
- Pork Belly Bao Bun with soy glaze, scallions, and sesame seed
- Lamb Kofta with pomegranate, cucumber yogurt and sumac
- Chicken Tikka Masala with cilantro and mint chutney
- Vegetable Biryani with basmati rice and almonds
- Watermelon margarita popsicle
“It’s a huge honor to have a chef of Kim Canteenwalla’s caliber popping up in the space,” said Vegas Test Kitchen Founder Jolene Mannina. “Having him here, testing out these new concepts truly speaks to our mission as a restaurant incubator. His dishes are going to be incredible, and we can’t wait for everyone to get their first taste.”
Vegas Test Kitchen, located at 1020 Fremont Street #120, is open Thursday through Sunday from 8am to 8pm, with guest chef pop up Monday through Wednesday. For more information, visit vegastestkitchen.com and fergusonsdowntown.com, and follow along at @vegastestkitchen and @fergusonsdowntown.
About Fergusons Downtown
Fergusons Downtown is a city block rooted in community, celebrating local music, art and creators. Through the revitalization of the historic Fergusons Motel, Fergusons Downtown is cultivating a diverse and inviting community that fosters creativity and passion. From the shops of local makers to restaurants and an enchanting green space, Fergusons is a place where the community can connect, shop, eat, drink, stay, work and explore.