Over the summer, local non-profit organization, Create A Change (CAC) in partnership with Honest Hospitality and with the guidance of Clark County School District (CCSD) Culinary teachers, has created an exciting opportunity for our future teen culinary leaders!
- High school students enrolled in Clark County School District (CCSD) culinary classes are invited to participate in a challenge to star in “The Future Chef Show”, a YouTube cooking show series focused on teaching families how to prepare seasonal healthy, affordable meals.
- The Future Chef Show will showcase local chefs working with our next culinary leaders and highlight the good work our teachers are doing to provide excellent culinary training for our students.
- Each show will feature a local guest chef who will be partnered with a winning CCSD high school culinary student.
- Together at the chef’s restaurant they will create a delicious, nutritious dish while inspiring families to have fun together in the kitchen!
- Student submissions are due by October 12, 2020 for final judging by local chefs.
- Winners will be announced by the first week of November 2020.
The team is also creating a Culinary Teen Council. The goal of the council is to support CCSD students on their path into the culinary industry through professional development and networking opportunities.
Lisa Campbell, CEO for CAC said “CAC in partnership with Gary La Morte and Honest Hospitality is excited to expand our programming into the teen arena supporting our next generation of culinary leaders while creating enjoyable healthy food experiences for families with exceptional local Las Vegas chefs. Gary and his all-star team are top notch culinary professionals with a focus on healthful nutrition. This will be a fantastic opportunity for the winning students and families to learn how to prepare delicious dishes with the best. We have always been proud to be locals helping locals but now even more so during these very challenging times.”
Create A Change, established in 2009, is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to educating and empowering healthy living for children and families by providing the tools and resources needed to live healthier happier lives. The ultimate goal of Create A Change is to aide in the development of positive habits that lead to a lifetime of health. CAC’s work in the community is based on research and evidence; today that research reflects an urgent need for healthy living options, strategies, and tools; especially for families living with school-age children.
Honest Hospitality Founded in 2018 By Gary FX LaMorte Honest Hospitality leadership and operations team is comprised of experts in all Hospitality Disciplines. With partners and clients such as the Las Vegas RAIDERS, SBE, STARR and many more it is focused on excellence across a broad spectrum of Hospitality management.
Honest Hospitality Founder Gary FX LaMorte has over 25 years intensive industry experience working for America’s highest acclaimed Chefs & Restaurateurs and has earned formal degrees from The Culinary Institute Of America. From the Michelin starred kitchens of Thomas Keller & Andre Rochat to Vice President of the highly acclaimed Michael Mina restaurant group, Gary has opened over 46 operations including restaurants, boutique hotels, stadiums, resorts, and food halls.
ABOUT THE CCSD CULINARY PROGRAM:
Students in the Culinary & Hospitality program study food preparation, hotel management, and travel and tourism. Students plan and host school and community functions to gain practical experience in the exciting field of work. Learning in a state-of-the-art facility, students gain practical experience in Las Vegas’ number one industry.