Rainbow Company Youth Theatre, a city of Las Vegas program, will feature productions of “The Neverending Story,” “The Velveteen Rabbit,” “Still Life with Iris” and Roald Dahl’s “Matilda the Musical” during its 45th season.
All performances will be held at Charleston Heights Arts Center, 800 S. Brush St. Season ticket packages are now available.
The upcoming season will feature shows that have never been produced by Rainbow Company Youth Theatre. There is no cost for residents ages 8-adult to audition for each show. The audition schedule and performance schedule are as follows:
- “The Neverending Story” – Auditions Saturday, Aug. 21; Performances Oct. 1–10.
- “The Velveteen Rabbit” – Auditions Saturday, Oct. 16; Performances Dec. 3–12.
- “Still Life with Iris” – Auditions Saturday, Dec. 18; Performances Feb. 11–20, 2022.
- Roald Dahl’s “Matilda the Musical”* – Auditions Saturday, Feb. 26, 2022; Performances April 29–May 8, 2022.
*Roald Dahl’s “Matilda the Musical” is presented through a special arrangement with Musical Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI.
Each show will have eight performances over two consecutive weekends; during the second weekend’s Saturday matinee, American Sign Language interpreters will be available for the deaf and hard of hearing.
Patrons have two ticket package options that offer the greatest affordability and flexibility to enjoy the season; tickets for single performances go on sale July 1.
- Fixed: Subscribers choose a date, time and seats for each of the four shows. Additionally, receive priority advance-purchase opportunities for future seasons and ticket fee savings.
- FLEX: Subscribers purchase 10 tickets that may be redeemed at any point during the season. Tickets are valid for children and adults and can be used all at once or a few at a time. FLEX season package holders will receive the best available seats at time of redemption.
For more information on these and more events, visit ArtsLasVegas.org or call 702-229-ARTS (2787).