JW Marriott Resort & Spa Las Vegas and Rampart Casino, in conjunction with Vitalant, to host two-day blood drive July 3-4 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Donors are encouraged to schedule an appointment online to reserve a spot by visiting vitalant.org and enter ‘RAMPART’ as the code and donors are able to sign up for this blood drive, as well as other upcoming drives.
- Vitalant has a critical shortage of blood and urges all eligible donors to make an appointment to donate to replenish the blood supply.
- While the need for blood donations is a constant necessity in the community, the summer months are when blood donations are most needed due to drastic drops in donations.
- On average, donors give several thousand fewer donations during the summer compared to the rest of the year, but the need for lifesaving blood transfusions remains steady.
- Vitalant must collect about 5,300 donations every day to meet the needs of patients at 900 hospitals coast-to-coast.
- Type O blood is below a two-day supply.
- Type O is the most transfused blood type and O-negative is what emergency room personnel reach for when there is not time to determine a patient’s blood type.
- Type O donors can maximize their impact by giving two units of red cells, or a “Power Red” donation, where other blood components are safely and comfortably returned to the donor.
- There is no waiting period to give blood after receiving an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine.
- Donors at this drive will receive a Wet’n’Wild voucher for a complimentary admission to the park.
- Donors will also receive a free Vitalant t-shirt (redeemable via email).
Saturday, July 3 & Sunday, July 4, 2021
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
JW Marriott Las Vegas / Rampart Casino
221 N. Rampart Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89145