Vegas PBS, in partnership with Save Red Rock and Escape Adventures, hosted a free bike ride in Blue Diamond to celebrate the finale of Outdoor Nevada’s fourth season.
June 12, 2021 was also proclaimed as Outdoor Nevada Day, coinciding with National Get Outdoors Day.
Loyal fans of the program had the opportunity to meet host John Burke during the event and multiple notable dignitaries were in attendance, including U.S. Congresswoman Susie Lee, Nevada State Senator Mo Denis, City of North Las Vegas Councilman Scott Black and Clark County Commissioner Justin Jones.
Soundbites in order of appearance:
- Allison Monette, Director of Communications, Vegas PBS
- Mary Mazur, President, Vegas PBS
- Rep. Susie Lee, Nevada’s 3rd District
- Councilman Scott Black, City of North Las Vegas
- Commissioner Justin Jones, Clark County District F
- John Burke, Host, Outdoor Nevada
- Heather Fisher, President, Save Red Rock
Outdoor Nevada is Vegas PBS’ Emmy award-winning series that explores the Silver State and promotes its many local adventures and attractions. The proclamation recognizes Outdoor Nevada’s contributions to state tourism, cultural enrichment and outdoor recreational activities.