Last night, Monday, May 10, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas recognized the winners of the 2020 Heroes Giveaway during an awards celebration, surprising the nominees with grand prize experiences with a total value $66,000.
The celebratory evening took place atop the iconic rooftop Boulevard Pool overlooking the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, as the resort kicked off its season debut of Dive In Movies.
In honor of the resort’s 10-Year Anniversary, The Cosmopolitan launched a contest earlier this year, accepting nominations for local, honorable and distinguished frontline workers, medical personnel and individual heroes whose achievements and successes have proved a shining example of what it means to exemplify Vegas Strong. Of the more than 700 nominations received, 11 winners were selected, receiving celebratory anniversary room stay packages with luxe amenities.
Ten winners received the Misfit Right In anniversary package, which includes a two-night stay in a Wraparound Terrace Suite, dinner for two at Scarpetta and a celebratory champagne amenity, valued at $1600. Grand prize winner, Amanda Hamm, an incredible and dedicated nurse from Desert Springs Hospital, was surprised with a luxurious VIP multi-day experience, including a stay in one of The Cosmopolitan’s exclusive Boulevard Penthouses, 24-hour butler service, a helicopter tour of the Las Vegas Strip, private dinners at Scarpetta and Jaleo, undeniable spa experiences and more.
Honorees were carefully evaluated by the resort’s Community Team based on their unparalleled dedication to the health and safety of the local community during an unprecedented year. A full list of the 2020 Heroes Giveaway Winners can be found below:
2020 Heroes Giveaway Winners
- Grand Prize Winner: Amanda Hamm, Nurse at Desert Springs Hospital
- Brittney Johnson, Respiratory Therapist at Centennial Hills
- Brian Abeyta, Paramedic with BHC and Henderson Fire Department
- Julie Terremoro, Nurse at Spring Valley Hospital
- Martha Arbolario, Nurse at Valley Hospital
- Alexandra Msaddi, ICU Neuro Nurse at Mountain View Hospital
- Taylor Fleming, Nurse at Summerlin Hospital
- Patti Bain, Cardiopulmonary Director of Summerlin Hospital
- Jennifer Bennet, Nurse at Henderson Hospital
- Marc Johnson – EMT at AMR Las Vegas
- MaryAnn Pascua – Nurse at Valley Hospital
Those in attendance were welcomed on stage and recognized by resort executives, Chelle Adams, Chief Financial Officer, and Daniel Espino, Chief People Officer, thanking them for their dedication to the Las Vegas community, in addition to Desert Springs Hospital CEO, Chris Loftus, extending a special congratulations to his nominee and grand prize winner, Amanda Hamm.
For further information on The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas’ 10-year anniversary, visit https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/decade-of-mischief