Top Ranked Bantamweights (#3) Holly Holm and (#10) Mayra Bueno Silva Face Off at UFC Apex
UFC returns to UFC APEX with a classic striker versus grappler matchup in the bantamweight division, as No. 3 ranked contender Holly Holmfaces off with No. 10 Mayra Bueno Silva.In the co-main event, middleweights look to steal the show as Albert Duraev locks horns with Junyong Park.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT: HOLM vs. BUENO SILVA will take place Saturday, July 15 at UFC APEX in Las Vegas. The entire event will air on ESPN, ESPN Deportes & ESPN+ (English and Spanish) with the main card starting at 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT. The prelims will begin at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT.
Former UFC bantamweight champion Holm (15-6, fighting out of Albuquerque, N.M.) looks to build another win streak and earn her way back into the title conversation. Among the most credentialed strikers in UFC history, she holds dominant victories over Ronda Rousey, Irene Aldana and Raquel Pennington. Holm now has her sights set on defending her spot in the rankings by becoming the first person to stop Bueno Silva.
Bueno Silva (10-2-1, fighting out of Sao Paulo, Brazil) plans to earn the biggest victory of her career in her first UFC main event. An exciting submission specialist who isn’t afraid to mix it up, Bueno Silva has secured stoppages over Gillian Robertson, Lina Lansberg and Stephanie Egger. She now intends to keep her momentum going with a statement performance against Holm.
Duraev (16-4, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev. by way of Grozny, Russia) returns to action determined to show he can compete with the top of the middleweight division. The winner of 11 of his last 12 bouts, he holds UFC victories over Roman Kopylov and Chidi Njokuani. Duraev now strives to snap Park’s hot streak and set himself up for a run up the rankings.
Always entertaining Park (16-5, fighting out of Seoul, South Korea) aims to earn the longest win streak of his UFC career with another signature finish. A well-rounded competitor, Park has impressed with wins over Eryk Anders, Marc-Andre Barriault and Denis Tiuliulin. He now looks to deliver another crowd-pleasing outing that will put the Top 15 on notice.
Additional bouts on the card include:
- Walt Harris (13-10 1NC, fighting out of Birmingham, Ala.) returns to the Octagon to face Josh Parisian (15-6, fighting out of Howell, Mich.) at heavyweight
- A featherweight bout sees Norma Dumont (9-2, fighting out of Minas Gerais, Brazil) face Chelsea Chandler (5-1, fighting out of Stockton, Calif.)
- Ottman Azaitar (13-1, fighting out of Rabat, Morocco) aims for another finish when he battles Francisco Prado (11-1, fighting out of Santa Fe, Argentina) at lightweight
- Terrance McKinney (13-5, fighting out of Spokane, Wash.) seeks another highlight-reel finish when he locks horns with Nazim Sadykhov (8-1, fighting out of Brooklyn, N.Y.) in a lightweight tilt
- Exciting featherweights collide as Tucker Lutz (12-3, fighting out of Reisterstown, Md.) matches up with Melsik Baghdasaryan (7-2, fighting out of Glendale, Calif.)
- Strawweight action sees Viktoriia Dudakova (6-0, fighting out of Volgograd Oblast, Russia) face off with Istela Nunes (6-4 1NC, fighting out of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- Austin Lingo (9-2, fighting out of Mesquite, Texas) and Melquizael Costa (19-6, fighting out of Para, Brazil) look to return to the winner’s circle in a featherweight contest
- Evan Elder (7-2, fighting out of Hillsboro, Miss.) meets Genaro Valdez (10-2, fighting out of Baja California, Mexico) in a lightweight bout
- Tyson Nam (21-13-1, fighting out of Wahiawa, Hawaii) plans to spoil the UFC debut of undefeated Azat Maksum (16-0, fighting out of Almatinskaia Oblast, Kazakhstan) at flyweight
- Grappling specialist Alex Munoz (6-2, fighting out of Sacramento, Calif.) and Carl Deaton (17-6 2NC, fighting out of Mt. Pleasant, Mich.) clash at lightweight
- Ashlee Evans-Smith (6-5, fighting out of Santa Ana, Calif.) and Ailin Perez (7-2, fighting out of Entre Rios, Argentina) look to leave it all in the Octagon in a bantamweight bout
Visit the UFC.com for information.