Two-day program to be held July 14-15 at Nehemiah Ministries and Culinary Academy of Las Vegas
July is Minority Mental Health Awareness Month. In support, Las Vegas-based nonprofit, Solutions of Change, in cooperation with Nevada Partners, will host its 6th annual Healing to Health Community Intervention Program on Friday, July 14 at Nehemiah Ministries, 3606 North Rancho Drive, #144, in Las Vegas; and Saturday, July 15 at Culinary Academy of Las Vegas, 710 West Lake Mead Boulevard, in North Las Vegas.
Healing to Health is a therapeutic experience intended to bring the dialogue of mental health to the faith-based community. This year’s theme is “No More Shame 2.0,” an extension of last year’s immensely popular “No More Shame” theme. On Friday, Solutions of Change will host a prayer and worship night coupled with mental health education from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Nehemia Ministries. On Saturday, the Culinary Academy and Nevada Partners will host a full-day conference from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. with keynote speakers, panel discussion and breakout sessions that cover topics like interventions, mental health coping skills and faith-based perspectives.
The event includes breakfast, lunch and a swag bag. While the conference is Christian-led, ALL ARE WELCOME.
“For six years in a row we have had so many incredible participants come together to discuss the essential relationship between physical, spiritual and mental health,” said Solutions of Change Deputy Director, Lakiesha Oliver. “This year’s program will be more powerful than ever.”
The program will also host a diverse panel of spiritual leaders discussing the intersection of mental health challenges and faith. The panel will include:
- Dr. Edward Chaney: Founder and Spiritual Leader, The Renaissance Fellowship
- Dr. Mary L. House: Co-Founder, Mountaintop Faith Ministries
- Dr. Rose Gaston: Senior Pastor, God’s House International Ministries
- Ender Austin, III: Elder in the Church of God in Christ, Youth Pastor at Bethesda Church of God in Christ
- Bianca McCall, LMFT: Moderator, Founder, Desert Rose Counseling Group
Keynote, guest and breakout session speakers include:
- Greg Echols: Executive Pastor TCMI Church, guest speaker and breakout session speaker for “Exposing Power in the Revelation of Shame”
- Aria Gaston & Kay Ashley: Singers/songwriters who will perform at the Friday worship ceremony
- Sherita Childress: Therapist and Mental Wellness Content Creator, guest speaker
- Dr. Naida Parson, Ph.D.: Workshop presenter of “Bridging the Divide Between the Faith Community and the LGBTQIA Community”
- Pastor Kelcey West: keynote speaker
- Keith Stark, LMFT: “Shame and Anger” breakout session speaker
- CJ Jemison: “Healing Shame in Addiction Recovery Through Hope” breakout session speaker
- Robin Turner, LMFT: “Purposeful Parenting” breakout session speaker
- Andrea Philogene, M.S.: “Overcoming Childhood Abandonment” breakout session speaker
- Judith Pinkerton, LMPT: “Break the Cycle: SRT Steps with Music” breakout session speaker
- Angelique Daniels: “How do you Cope? Try a Neurographic Art Experience” breakout session speaker
- Tasheba Davis, LMFT: “Monumental Movement” breakout session speaker
- Dr. LaTonya Gaston, Ph.D.: “Reveal to Heal: Journaling/telling your story” breakout session speaker
- Lashelle Whitmore: “Coming out of Hiding: Embracing Your Spiritual Gifts” breakout session speaker
- Pastor Antone Dotson-Parson, MSW: “Managing Mental Health as a Leader” breakout session speaker
Solutions of Change exists to help at-risk minority and underserved populations who, due to financial or social burdens cannot access mental health services, find the care they need. Space is limited for this educational enrichment opportunity; reservations are required.
For more information about the program or sponsorship opportunities, visit www.solutionsofchange.org. You can also register at: https://web.cvent.com/event/3aa0e176-5537-4acd-a214-a6956b4b0994/summary
Source: ImageWords Communications