Comics Edwin San Juan, Butch Bradley, Cory Michaelis, Mark Eddie, Jack Jr. and other stand-up comedians join Byron Kennedy this month at new Vegas Stand Up & Rock
The new Vegas Stand Up & Rock brings live entertainment back to OYO Hotel & Casino, located footsteps from the MGM. Byron Kennedy & Friends headlines Vegas Stand Up & Rock with shows at 9 p.m. Thursday through Sunday.
This month, comics Edwin San Juan, Butch Bradley, Cory Michaelis and Mark Eddie will headline the venue’s 7 p.m. shows. Other headliners will be announced on the website, soon.
Jack Jr. will headline the “Middle Eastern Comedy Show” at 9 p.m. on Friday, Mar. 24. In addition, the club will host Teachers Gone Bad Spring Break at 9 p.m. on Saturday, Mar. 18. Their combined credits include HBO, Comedy Central, “The Late Late Show,” the NBC series “Stand Up,” Amazon’s series “Laugh After Dark” and more.
Vegas Stand Up & Rock will also feature 9 p.m. music shows on select weekends. Tickets are available for purchase here, priced starting at $29.95 for comedy shows.
About Vegas Stand Up & Rock
Comedy shows nightly at 7 p.m.
Thursday through Sunday at 9 p.m.: Byron Kennedy and Friends
Live Music on select late nights weekly
Produced by Vegas JEM, the team behind the award-winning L.A. Comedy Club at The STRAT Hotel, Casino & Sky Pod, Vegas Stand Up & Rock hosts nationally touring comedians nightly at 7 p.m. Live country and rock shows take the stage at 9 p.m. every Friday and Saturday night, produced in conjunction with Outlaw Entertainment, from producers, promoters and brothers Jason and Ray Outlaw. The new live entertainment venue also features a new residency, Laugh After Dark LIVE in Las Vegas from the award-winning hit show “Laugh After Dark” on Amazon Prime and Tubi.
Guests must be 18 years or older to attend all shows. Comedy ticket prices start at $29.95 plus taxes and fees; live music tickets start at $10 plus taxes and fees. Available during all shows is Vegas Stand Up & Rock’s “$25 Open Bar upgrade to any ticket.” More information is available at the Vegas Stand Up & Rock website.
- 7 p.m. featuring touring headliners of top national comics
- 9 p.m. Thursday through Sunday: Byron Kennedy and Friends Byron Kennedy, who made the leap from radio executive to the comedy stage, headlines Vegas Stand Up & Rock, joined by new hilarious nightly. Kennedy combines quick-wit and observational comedy a storytelling style all his own that has led to headlining gigs across the country, including The Grand Ole Opry. He also sealed a record deal with BBR Music Group as the company’s only comic.
- 9 p.m. Sunday: Laugh After Dark LIVE in Las Vegas
“Laugh After Dark,” the award-winning hit standup comedy TV show on Amazon Prime Video and Tubi with more than 70 million views online, is beginning a brand-new residency of live weekly shows. Coming to Vegas Stand Up & Rock exclusively as “Laugh After Dark LIVE in Las Vegas,” the show will feature house band, The Fremont Funk, along with the some of the freshest and funniest comedians in Vegas, L.A. and around the world. This new residency comes shortly after “Laugh After Dark’s” comedy specials filming tour where they filmed several rising standup comedians across the country including Vegas’ own Trixx, Jozalyn Sharp, Patrick Melton and “Stoner Rob.” Each of these projects consist of an album as well as the comedy special and are all slated to release in 2023. For tickets and more information about the show, visit www.laughafterdark.com.
Upcoming comedy shows:
- Monday, February 27 through Wednesday, March 1 at 7 p.m.: Edwin San Juan Voted “Best Comedian on the Las Vegas Strip” by Las Vegas Weekly, Edwin San Juan is known for sharing his multicultural life experiences through observational humor and hilarious word play. Making his first film debut alongside co-star Felipe Esparza and Paul Rodriguez in “I’m Not Like That No More” in 2010, San Juan has also made various television appearances including Comedy Central’s “Live at Gotham,” Showtime’s “Comics without Borders,” BET’s “Comic View” and “The Payaso Comedy Slam” on Showtime among others. He also entertained American troops on the USO tour “Around the World in Eight Days” and is the creator and executive producer of “SlantED Comedy,” a showcase of Asian-American stand-up comedians available on Showtime.
- Thursday, March 2 through Sunday, March 5 at 7 p.m.: Butch Bradley
Comedic veteran, Butch Bradley, grew up in Atlantic City, New Jersey and started his comedy career by becoming a founding member of the Boston Improv Troupe. Bradley has been the opening act for comedic legends like Ray Romano, Lewis Black and Cathy Ladman and has appeared on HBO, Comedy Central, has been a regular on “The Late Late Show” and toured festivals such as the “Aspen Rooftop Comedy Festival,” the “Montreal Just for Laughs Comedy Festival” and made an appearance as a USO Entertainer. Bradley has received the gold award for “Best Comedian” for three consecutive years by the Las Vegas Review-Journal’s “Best of Las Vegas” awards. Bradley’s comedy special, “Butch Bradley: From Las Vegas” is currently available on Amazon Prime. He can also be seen on the big screen in the upcoming film “Reagan,” starring Dennis Quaid.
- Monday, March 6 through Sunday, March 12 at 7 p.m.: Cory Michaelis Cory Michaelis, originally a high school teacher turned comedian, has headlined comedy clubs all over the U.S. and Canada. Michaelis has opened for legendary comedians like Louis Anderson, which led to his recording of his comedy special “Bad Teacher” for DryBarComedy.com which now has more than 25 million views. His first album “The Collage Dropout” debuted at No.1 on the iTunes comedy chart and No.2 on the Billboard comedy chart. Michaelis was a finalist in the “Seattle International Comedy Competition” and a headliner of the “Idaho Laugh Fest” in Boise. He also appeared on season one of the Netflix hit “Huge in France,” and has performed internationally in Karachi, Pakistan and Dubai.
- Monday, March 13 through Saturday, March 18 at 7 p.m.: Mark Eddie Mark Eddie is a musician with a quick wit and sharp sense of humor. He has combined his two passions by recording three albums blending comedy with rock music in the form of stand-up comedy, parodies and originals featured on Sirius/XM and syndicated radio programs. Eddie has toured with and opened for national acts such as Jackson Browne, Melissa Etheridge and Toad the Wet Sprocket. He currently tours internationally, headlining theaters, performing arts centers, Vegas showrooms, major corporate events and L.A.’s most legendary comedy clubs.
- Saturday, March 18 at 9 p.m.: Teachers Gone Bad Spring Break Teachers Gone Bad Spring Break features former teachers who are now stand-up comedians. These comics cover everything from school-related topics to family life, parenthood, marriage and dating. As former educators, these performers finally let loose and do not hold back all the things they wish they could have said in the classroom.
- Monday, March 20 through Sunday, March 26 at 7 p.m.: TBA
- Friday, March 24 at 9 p.m.: Middle Eastern Comedy Show starring Jack Jr. featuring special guests Middle Eastern Comedy Night stars touring stand-up comic, actor, and writer Jack Assadourian, known as Jack Jr. Growing up in the comedy scene as the son of comedy club owners and featured for big names in comedy including Marlon Wayans, Damon Wayans, Jr. and David Spade, Jack Jr. has made a name for himself in comedy. In 2019, he was a finalist on the NBC series “Stand Up” and has appeared in comedies including “50 Shades of Black” as well as on Amazon’s series “Laugh After Dark” and documentary “Make America Laugh Again.” This show will also feature fellow comedians Mary Basmadjian, Auzanna Tovmasyan and Michal Passion.
Upcoming live music:
- Saturday, March 4 at 9 p.m.: Heroine Honey| Velvet Chains| Elephante King
- Friday, March 17 at 9 p.m.: Gilby Clarke
- Saturday, March 25 at 9 p.m.: White Noise | The Red Seduction | Jason Juadines
- Friday, March 31 at 9 p.m.: Rose Levee