The Community Business Lender and Women’s Business Group will Co-host a Networking Event at the Bank’s Branch in Tivoli Village Featuring a Panel of Extraordinary Las Vegas Business Women
Lexicon Bank, Nevada’s community-focused banking partner, is teaming up with the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) Southern Nevada for the second year, to celebrate women-owned businesses in honor of National Women’s Small Business Month on Monday, October 3rd from 5:30- 7:00pm.
The two will host a networking event focused on empowering growth and feature a Q&A panel with remarkable Las Vegas women business leaders. The event will be held at Lexicon Bank in Tivoli Village. Tickets are available for $15 here, and all proceeds will be donated to Lexicon Bank’s October Community Spotlight, Spread the Word Nevada. The last day to register is September 28th.
Event panelist include:
- Ruth Furman – Founder of ImageWorlds Communications
- Ruth Furman is the founder of ImageWords Communications, a Marketing and PR firm that has worked with clients across all industries, including retail, home improvement, design, construction, commercial real estate, health care, fitness and more. She describes herself as having the curiosity of a journalist, the enthusiasm of a publicist, and the strategic mind of a marketing consultant. She has been honored with several awards, and loves working with clients to enter them into different awards competitions. As a communications consultant and master connector, Ms. Furman’s greatest joy in life is helping individuals and brands shine brighter by amplifying their stories and connecting them to opportunities, and to each other.
- Tachelle Lawson – Founder of FIG Strategy & Consulting (FIG)
- TaChelle Lawson is the Founder and Visionary of FIG Strategy & Consulting (FIG). Her experience in DEI, brand strategy, national event marketing, and business consulting positioned her to create a firm built on talent, not titles. TaChelle has consulted with non-profits that service underprivileged teens, victims of domestic violence and has volunteered in nursing homes that care for elders diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and/or dementia. She has been featured in local magazines such as Vegas Inc., Review Journal, Luxury, and others in addition to national spotlights such as Black News Network, SWAAY and others for her commitment to the Las Vegas hospitality community and racial equality in the workplace. Due to her unshakable ability to inspire and tell it like it is, TaChelle has been sought out to facilitate thought leadership discussions with C-suite executives regarding the importance of cultural diversity (particularly with black women) in branding.
- Jacki Miller – CFO of Smart City Networks and Smart City Telecom & Co-Founder of Cast Wines
- Jacki Miller is the Chief Financial Officer of both Smart City Networks and Smart City Telecom. In addition to her role at Smart City, Miller and her husband John co-founded Cast Wines. Currently, she oversees Smart City’s finance, accounting and human resources departments as well as legal & regulatory for Smart City’s telecommunications business. She has provided impressive leadership for technology, tourism, and hospitality businesses throughout her career. Ms. Miller is a trustee and treasurer for Collaboration Center Foundation, which serves children and adults with disabilities in Southern Nevada. She serves as Advancement Chair for her son’s Boy Scout Troop and was also treasurer and a past President of the Notre Dame Club of Las Vegas. Jacki is a licensed Certified Public Accountant in the State of Nevada and has served on the board of the Las Vegas Chapter of Financial Executives International (FEI) since 2013, as well as having served as the FEI Chapter President in 2015 and 2017.
- Wendi Schweigart – Founder of Project Marilyn & Director of Marketing at NDL Group Inc.
- Wendi Schweigart is the Founder of Project Marilyn, Inc. and the Director of Marketing at her family construction company, NDL Group, Inc. Wendi founded Project Marilyn, named after her mother who passed from cancer in 2011, in April of 2019 after reading an article about Period Poverty in a magazine. Wendi joined NDL Group, Inc. as the Director of Marketing in 2017, and she brings with her 20 plus years in the Commercial Real Estate field. Wendi is passionate about issues involving women as well as raising awareness for cancer research and support. She aspires to be a steward of her community and be able to show the rest of the world how big of a heart her hometown of Las Vegas has. She serves on the Board of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) as well as on the Southern Nevada Leadership Board of the American Cancer Society.
- Stacy Watkins – President & CEO of Lexicon Bank
- Stacy Watkins has served as President & CEO at Lexicon Bank since 2020. As a seasoned Banking Executive, Ms. Watkins brings to Lexicon Bank over 28 years of experience in Banking with 25 years spent in management and 18 years in a Regional Management level position. Stacy is a past recipient of Real Vegas Magazine Women Who Wow 2022, Las Vegas Woman Fearless Females, Las Vegas Business Press Women Who Mean Business, and Vegas Inc.’s Top 40 Under 40. In her free time, Ms. Watkins is an extremely active leader in the Southern Nevada community serving as a previous Chairman of the Board for Junior Achievement of Southern Nevada and currently serves as Co-Chair of the Capital Campaign, Family Gifts Division. Stacy also introduced Lexicon Bank’s Community Spotlight Program, a monthly initiative to highlight local nonprofit organizations making a difference in the community.
The panel will be moderated by Mindy Kermes, Lexicon Bank VP, Sr. Relationship Manager, as well as Sonia Petkewich, NAWBO President, and CEO of Taurean Consulting Group.
Attendees are encouraged to bring a book in support of Spread the Word Nevada, a local nonprofit that strives to support at-risk children in Nevada by providing them reading materials as well as volunteering in schools to help teach children literacy skills. Each book will receive a raffle ticket that will be entered into a drawing at the end of the night for a chance to win incredible prizes. There is no limit to the number of books each attendee can bring.
Eligible books include: New and gently used books and Pre-K – 5th grade reading levels are preferred. Ineligible books include: Encyclopedias, Coloring Books, and books with the library Dewey Decimal tags on them.
“We are excited to partner with NAWBO to celebrate the incredible at women in our community,” said Stacy Watkins, Lexicon Bank President & CEO. “Women-owned and operated businesses are an essential part of our community that contribute significantly to our economy and are powerful contributors to gender equality.”
Topics discussed will include growing and financing your business, managing work-life balance, and empowering other female business owners and leaders.
“We are very excited to partner with our corporate partner, Lexicon Bank, to celebrate women-owned businesses,” said Sonia Petkewich, NAWBO Southern Nevada Chapter President. “There is so much experience and strength in our chapter which is only enhanced with local partners like Lexicon Bank.”
The event will be limited to 40 attendees. Hors d’oeuvres and beverages will be served.
Learn more and register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/national-womens-small-business-month-lexicon-bank-nawbo-snv-tickets-415479007897.