Touring comics Willie Barcena, Jimmy Shubert, KT Tatara, Jay Hollingsworth and Brandt Tobler will hit the Dragon Room stage, joining the award-winning club’s regular lineup
L.A. Comedy Club has announced a humorous May lineup for the club’s custom new Dragon Room showroom at The STRAT Hotel, Casino & SkyPod. Headlining the club’s 8 p.m. spot are Willie Barcena, Jimmy Shubert, KT Tatara, Jay Hollingsworth and Brandt Tobler, whose combined credits span Comedy Central, HBO, Showtime, FOX, CBS and more. Tickets are available for purchase here.
The club’s lineup of popular resident comics includes James Michael’s Redneck Comedy Show at 6 p.m.; comedian Butch Bradley at 10 p.m. Thursday through Monday; and comedian Bret Ernst at 10 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday.
About L.A. Comedy Club
Shows nightly at 6 p.m., 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.
The L.A. Comedy Club, dubbed “The younger rebel brother of Improv” by Casino Player Magazine, has been entertaining Las Vegas locals and visitors since 2007. Known as the spot “where comedy comes to party,” the repeat “Best of Las Vegas” gold award winner recently relocated its famed Dragon Room to a custom-built 270-seat showroom on the main casino floor at The STRAT Hotel, Casino & SkyPod.
Guests must be 18 years or older to attend. Ticket prices start at $39.95 plus taxes and fees, with the option to purchase L.A. Comedy’s famous “$25 All You Can Drink Special.” Nevada locals with valid ID receive 50 percent off. More information is available at www.lacomedyclub.com.
- 6 p.m.: James Michael’s Redneck Comedy Show
James Michael, Mississippi native, is a part-time tattoo artist, fitness model and comedic magician. Known for his sleight of hand, comedic timing and fun antics on stage, Michael has brought laughs around the world for more than 30 years by means of cruise ships, corporate functions and television shows. Michael’s sleight of hand, comedy and sheer country madness has placed him as one of Las Vegas’ top 10 magicians for three consecutive years and has been awarded the silver medal winner of the best magic show in Las Vegas in 2020.
- 8 p.m.: Touring headliners featuring top national comics
- 10 p.m. Thursday through Monday: Butch Bradley
Comedic veteran, Butch Bradley, grew up in Atlantic City, New Jersey and started his comedy career by becoming a founding member of the Boston Improv Troupe. Bradley has been the opening act for comedic legends like Ray Romano, Lewis Black and Cathy Ladman and has appeared on HBO, Comedy Central, has been a regular on The Late Late Show and toured festivals such as the Aspen Rooftop Comedy Festival, the Montreal Just for Laughs Comedy Festival and made an appearance as a USO Entertainer. Bradley was named Best Comedian 2020 by “Best of Las Vegas.” Bradley’s comedy special, “Butch Bradley: From Las Vegas” is currently available on Amazon Prime. He can also be seen on the big screen in the upcoming film “Reagan” starring Dennis Quaid.
- 10 p.m. Saturday, May 27 through Monday, May 28: JC Currais
JC Currais is a Cuban American comedian and actor, born and raised in Miami, FL. His acting career began in 2010 when he made his film debut at the Sundance Film Festival in a feature titled “New Low.” Since then, Currais has starred in television shows such as FOX’s Lethal Weapon, BET’s Real Husbands of Hollywood and was a series regular on Disney Channel’s original series Just Roll With It. In the comedy world, Currais has performed on TBS’s Conan and Comedy Central, was named TBS’s Top Comics to Watch at the New York Comedy Festival and was of one the New Faces of Comedy at the Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal. In 2020, Currais wrote and performed on the Twitch Sketch series Two Joysticks and a Couch.
- 10 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday: Bret Ernst
Bret Ernst, born and raised in New Jersey, was one of four comedians featured in “Wild West Comedy Show: 30 Days and 30 Nights—Hollywood to the Heartland,” has appeared on television shows like “Comedy Central Presents,” “The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson,” “Weeds” and has a recurring role on Netflix’s hit series, “Cobra Kai.” Ernst’s jokes are rooted in storytelling, giving the audience an inside look at the life of a typical North Jersey Italian kid in the 1980s.
Upcoming headliners, 8 p.m. shows:
- Monday, May 2 through Sunday, May 8: Willie Barcena along with special guests
Willie Barcena is a 20-year comedy veteran that brings laughs and insights all over the world, including having performed for the troops stationed abroad. Barcena has appeared on the Tonight Show 12 times, making him among the most frequent for any comedian. His television appearances include “Moesha,” “The Wayans Brothers” and was chosen to host popular SI-TV production “Latino Laugh Festival – The Show.” Barcena has done multiple comedy specials including Comedy Central, Showtime and his most recent, “The Truth Hurts,” on Netflix.
- Monday, May 9 through Sunday, May 15: Jimmy Shubert along with Johnny Pizzi
Jimmy Shubert, a Philadelphia native, started performing stand-up right out of high school at local comedy clubs before moving to Los Angeles where he began working at The Comedy Store. Shubert was included as one of the original “Outlaws of Comedy” that toured for five years, playing major casinos in Las Vegas and other cities, often to more than 6,000 people per show. After his performance in the Montreal “Just For Laughs Comedy Festival” in 1997, Shubert starred in a pilot sitcom at 20th Century Fox. Shubert’s television appearances range from IFC, ABC, NBC, CBS and Disney Channel. His first half-hour special for “Comedy Central Presents” was recorded at the Hudson Theater in New York City. Additionally, he has recored three comedy albums with his most recent, “Zero Tolerance,” reaching the No. 1 Comedy Album spot on iTunes.
- Monday, May 16 through Sunday, May 22: KT Tatara along with special guests
KT Tatara, a Washington D.C. native, has been invited to perform at the prestigious “Just For Laughs Comedy Festival” five times. Tatara has made numerous television appearances including NBC’s “Last Comic Standing,” Comedy Central’s “Live at Gotham,” FOX’s “Lethal Weapon,” ABC Family’s “Greek” and CBS’s “How I Met Your Mother.” His podcast, “The KT Tatara Show,” can be found on iTunes.
- Monday, May 23 through Sunday, May 29: Jay Hollingsworth along with Carlos Rodriguez
“Big Irish” Jay Hollingsworth, originally from the Pacific Northwest, moved to the east coast to hone his comedic skills across the stages of Boston, Massachusetts. Hollingsworth earned first place in both the “March Comedy Madness Competition” and “The Best of Boston” as well as being a finalist in the “Bay Area Black Comedy Competition,” “The Shades of Laughs Comedy Competition,” “Magners USA Comedy Festival” and the “Bend International Comedy Competition.” His television appearances include CBS’s “2 Broke Girls,” “Love at First Cousin,” “The Family Exchange” and more. Along with starting his own podcasts, “The HollingsWorthless Program,” “Love in Black & White” and “F**king Boo! Bombing Stories,” Hollingsworth has made guest appearances on some of the country’s top-rated shows like “About Last Night,” Robert Kelly’s “You Know What Dude,” Greg Fitzsimmons “Fitzdog Radio” and Doug Benson’s “Doug Loves Movies” and “Benson Interruption.”
- Monday, May 30 through Tuesday, May 31: Brandt Tobler along with Jason Cheny
Brandt Tobler, native to Cheyenne, Wyoming, is a stand-up comedian, author and actor. Tobler is a regular on nearly every comedy podcast, including “Bertcast,” “Crabfeast,” “Your Mom’s House,” “Mohr Sports,” “The Dana Gould Hour” and Ari Shaffir’s “Skeptic Tank” and is currently the host of the award-winning podcast “The 31.” He has been featured on Comedy Central, Fox and ESPN as well as toured overseas to perform for American troops. His two comedy albums “Token White Boy” and “Ramblin’ and Gamblin” both reached No. 1 on the iTunes and Amazon charts the week they were released. Tobler was a finalist in Barstool Sports’ “Barstool Idol” contest and was named the “Best-Undiscovered Comedian from Wyoming” by Thrillist in 2018.
- Midnight, Saturday, May 14: “Stewpid Toun” with Brandon “Gooch” Hahn
Brandon “Gooch” Hahn, an Ohio native and current Las Vegas resident, is a stand-up comedy veteran of over 15 years and is the current afternoon on-air radio personality for KOMP 92.3. Having performed all over the Southwest and Las Vegas, Hahn’s quick-witted style filled with sarcasm has become popular among audiences. Hahn is also the co-host of the popular podcasts “Rise to Offend” and “Metal Sucks.”
- 8 p.m., Thursday, May 19: Adam Hunter’s “UFC Comedy Jam 2” starring Frankie Edgar, Sara McMann and Andre” Touchy” Fili
- Adam Hunter, originally from New York City, has quickly become one of the most popular comedians in the country. His web series “MMA Roasted” and bi-weekly “MMA Roasted Podcast” breaks down popular MMA fighters with brash humor and comedy to an audience of more than 100,000 per month. In his “UFC Comedy Jam,” he puts three fighters through a comedy bootcamp and gives them opportunity to debut their skills in front of other fighters, MMA executives and a live audience.
- Frankie Edgar is mixed martial artist competing in the bantamweight division after successfully defending his lightweight title multiple times.
- Sara McMann is a former Olympic wrestler and the first American woman to receive a silver at the Olympics. She currently competes as bantamweight mixed martial artist.
- Andre “Touchy” Fili is a featherweight mixed martial artist recording four consecutive victories by technical knockout in his first four fights.
- Midnight, Saturday, May 21: “Armed & Dangerously Funn” starring Shang along with Dick Salas, Josh Higuera, Shannon Mugrage and Sharita
- Stand-up comedian star, Shang, is a outspoken New York native who is not afraid to tackle social and political issues. As the 2011 Famecast Comedy Winner, he has appeared on CBS’ “The Late Late Show,” Comedy Central’s “Jamie Foxx Laffapaloolza,” NBC’s “Heroes,” CBS’ “CSI” and “NCIS.” His recent comedy special “Shang is SHANGRY! Live in NYC” premiered in 2020 and is available Amazon Prime.
- Dick Salas is a U.S. Marine Corps veteran who has performed internationally. He can be seen on Amazon Prime and in his in Veteran-centered award winning short film “Tango Down.”
- Josh Higuera is a U.S. Army veteran who has performed all across the United States with a magnetic style and energy keeps audiences entertained.
- Shannon Mugrage, served in the U.S. Navy, and is the co-owner of Turn 2 Entertainment that produces comedy shows throughout Texas and has performed in more than 40 states.
- Sharita, a New Yorker, is known as “La Chingona” of El Paso Comedy with a fiery style that discusses parenting, dating and her military experience.
- Linda Marcus Smith, host of the award-winning podcast, “The Comic’s Spot” on YouTube will be the host for this event.