This year’s celebration to also commemorate 40th anniversary of the chicken dance in the U.S. with chances to win prizes every Friday and Saturday night during Oktoberfest
Prost! Oktoberfest returns to Hofbräuhaus Las Vegas for the 17th year beginning Friday, Sept. 10 with a stacked lineup of celebrity guest keg tappers and daily specials through Sunday, Oct. 31, making it one of the only places in the world where guests can experience an authentic Oktoberfest celebration this year. Every Friday and Saturday night throughout Oktoberfest, a special celebrity guest will tap the keg to kick off the evening’s festivities. Revelers can expect stein-holding contests, live entertainment, bar games, prizes, dancing in the aisles and more.
This year, two very important dates will be commemorated during Oktoberfest, including the 20th anniversary of 9/11, which will feature an Honor Guard presentation from the Nellis Air Force Base along with Clark County Fire Department Chief John Steinbeck serving as keg tapper. Additionally, survivors of the Oct. 1 tragedy will serve as keg tappers on Friday, Oct. 1 to benefit the Vegas Strong Resiliency Center.
Celebrity keg tappers include:
- Friday, Sept. 10: Mayor Carolyn Goodman
- Saturday, Sept. 11: Special keg tapping in commemoration of 9/11 featuring Clark County Fire Department Chief John Steinbeck
- Friday, Sept. 17: Frankie Moreno
- Saturday, Sept. 18: Murray SawChuck
- Friday, Sept. 24: FANTASY
- Saturday, Sept. 25: Heather Collins
- Friday, Oct. 1: Special keg tapping in honor of the Vegas Strong Resiliency Center
- Saturday, Oct. 2: The Australian Bee Gees
- Friday, Oct. 8: Mark Shunock
- Saturday, Oct. 9: Chippendales
- Friday, Oct. 15: Xavier Mortimer
- Saturday, Oct. 16: Anthony Cools
- Friday, Oct. 22: Gordie Brown
- Saturday, Oct. 23: Ricardo Laguna
- Friday, Oct. 29: Mac King
- Saturday, Oct. 30: Mercedes Martinez
Come for the dancing and stay for the food! Before Oktoberfest had its own designated brew, taverns and eating houses, including the original Hofbräuhaus in Munich, served up delicious Bavarian fare for guests to enjoy. Hofbräuhaus Las Vegas continues that time-honored tradition by offering daily Oktoberfest specials every day of the week.
- Monday – Biergulasch: tender beef braised in goulash spices and HB dark beer
- Tuesday – Braumeister’s Schweinebraten: pork roast with creamy Brussel sprouts and roasted Yukon potatoes
- Wednesday – Oktoberfest Jägerhackbraten: homemade German-style meatloaf topped with creamy mushroom sauce, served with mashed potatoes and cucumber salad, and garnished with crispy fried onions
- Thursday – HB Räucherplatte: a variety of smoked Bavarian meats and sausages
- Friday – HB Oktoberfest Rouladen: braised beef roll with bacon, onions, and pickles, and Schweinshaxe: crispy pork shank
- Saturday – Schweinshaxe: crispy pork shank
- Sunday – Oktoberfest Schmankerl Tower: a variety of Bavarian meat and/or poultry specialties on a three-tiered tower
Get ready to flap your wings and shake your tailfeather! This year, Hofbräuhaus Las Vegas is celebrating the 40th anniversary of the chicken dance in the United States with dance-off competitions and an opportunity to win a dinner for four on the ‘Haus, all throughout September and October. Beginning Friday, Sept. 3, Hofbräuhaus Las Vegas will feature chicken dance-off competitions starting at 7 p.m. every Friday and Saturday evening in September and October.
Participants (individuals or couples) will take the stage inside the Bavarian beer hall and restaurant and show off their best chicken dance and the audience will choose the winner with their cheers. The winner(s) will receive 1.0-liter free beer of their choice.
For those unable to visit, the competition will continue online with the chance to win a complimentary dinner for four at Hofbräuhaus Las Vegas. To enter, followers can upload a short video of their best chicken dance to social media and tag Hofbräuhaus Las Vegas for their chance to win. Submissions can be uploaded to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for consideration and must include the appropriate tag (@hblasvegas for Facebook, @hofbrauhauslv for Twitter and Instagram). The competition runs virtually until October 31 at 11:59 p.m. PST. A winner will be selected at random and notified directly.
Oktoberfest runs from Friday, Sept. 10 through Sunday, Oct. 31, and reservations are strongly encouraged. Hofbräuhaus Las Vegas’ current hours are 4 to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Sunday.
Catch The Biermeister Band live every Sunday through Monday from 5 to 10 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 6 to 11 p.m. throughout Oktoberfest and don’t miss live performances from MC Johann Saturday from 1 to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 12 noon to 4 p.m. For more information, follow Hofbräuhaus Las Vegas on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or visit HofbrauhausLasVegas.com.