On Friday, October 2, many famous Las Vegas signs, buildings and businesses participated in #PaintNevadaPink to kick-off this month-long initiative.The Nevada Cancer Coalition (NCC) has partnered with the Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada (CCCN) and other leading health organizations to raise awareness about the importance of breast cancer screening and early detection.
Some of the participants include:
- Welcome to Las Vegas sign
- High Roller
- T-Mobile Arena
- The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Fremont Experience
- City Hall
- Dignity Health
- Silver Lining Advertising
- Movement Fitness
- Las Vegas Mini Grand Prix
Others will take to social media to participate by:
- Pink Your Profile on social media by either turning your profile picture pink or use the ready-made Facebook frame. Make sure to include #PaintNevadaPink when posting the photo.
- Show off your furry friends’ new October look with pink bandanas, dyed fur, leashes, paw polish, and much more. Then, share the photos using #PinkPets.
- With each donation of $25 or more, Nevadans will receive a super bright, pink LED light bulb to Pink Their Porch and show support in their neighborhoods. The donations will be used to help further educate the public about screenings and overcome any financial barriers by funding the uninsured/underinsured to receive mammograms.