The Mob Museum, the National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement, will host an invitation-only, VIP premiere movie screening of “The Birthday Cake,” an American crime thriller, directed by Jimmy Giannopoulos, produced by Diomedes Raul Bermudez, Shiloh Fernandez, Siena Oberman and Danny Sawaf.
“The Birthday Cake” takes place one fateful evening in the life of Gio, the son of a murdered mobster and the nephew of Brooklyn mob boss, Angelo. On the 10th anniversary of his father’s mysterious death, Gio carries on the family tradition of bringing a cake his mother baked to this uncle’s house for a celebration. Two hours into the night, Gio’s life is forever changed as he begins to piece together what really happened to his father and ultimately comes face to face with the type of violence he has managed to avoid his whole life.
Stars featured in the film include Ewan McGregor, Val Kilmer, Lorraine Bracco, Shiloh Fernandez, Aldis Hodge, Penn Badgley, Jeremy Allen White, Ashley Benson, Luis Guzmán, Vincent Pastore, Nick Vallelonga, William Fichtner, John Magaro, David Mazouz, Paul Sorvino, Clara McGregor, Emory Cohen and Marla Maples.
Screen Media will release “The Birthday Cake” in theaters and on demand June 18.
The Mob Museum will host an exclusive ticket giveaway for the VIP world premiere at www.themobmuseum.org/birthday-cake-sweepstakes/. Four lucky winners will receive two passes to the screening, entry for two to a VIP reception and a meet-and-greet with select members of “The Birthday Cake” cast. One grand prize winner will receive all of the above, plus a two-night stay at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. Entrants must be 21 or older. Sweepstakes closes at 12 p.m. PDT June 7, 2021.
The following cast members will attend the premiere screening and will be available for photos and interviews on the red carpet:
- Screen Actors Guild Award Winner Luis Guzmán, noted for his performance in the motion picture, “Traffic,” as well as the TV series, “Narcos.”
- Teen Choice Award Winner David Mazouz, known for his leading role as Bruce Wayne in Fox’s Batman TV drama, “Gotham.”
- Screen Actors Guild Award Winner William Fichtner, known for his role in the 2004 film, “Crash.”
- Academy Award and Golden Globe Award Winner Nick Vallelonga, known for writing and producing the award-winning film, “Green Book.”
- Clara McGregor, appeared in the live-action Winnie the Pooh adaptation, “Christopher Robin.”
- Diomedes Raul Bermudez, known for producing films “18 & Over” and “Iggy Pop and the Stooges Scarecrow.”
- IndieFEST Film Awards Winner Siena Oberman, acclaimed for her production work on recent films “Skin” and “Mainstream.”
- Jimmy Giannopoulos, noted for directing “18 & Over” as well as “Zombie Cruise.”
Friday, June 11
- 4:30 p.m. Press arrive for red carpet
- 5:30 p.m. Cast and local celebrities walk red carpet for photo ops, interview
- 5:30 p.m. Private cocktail reception at The Mob Museum
- 7 p.m. World premiere screening of “The Birthday Cake” begins
- 8:45 p.m. Q & A
- 9:30 p.m. After-party celebration in The Underground speakeasy and distillery at The Mob Museum
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas is the exclusive hotel partner for “The Birthday Cake” world premiere.