Just in time for relaxed restrictions in Nevada, The Sand Dollar Lounge co-owners Anthony Jamison and Nathan Grates have announced the first new cocktail menu of 2021.
The 12 selections include 11 new inspirations by the Sand Dollar bar team as well as the house favorite Old Fashioned, known at the Sand Dollar as the “Rollin’ Stone.” To celebrate the gradual return to normalcy in Las Vegas, the new menus pay tribute to legendary Las Vegas performers. All cocktails are $12 except for the “Rollin’ Stone,” which remains $9.
Some menu highlights include:
- Lupita: Basil-infused plata tequila, housemade orgeat, activated basil dust, tajin–A riff on a riff by Giuseppe Gonzalez, inspired originally by the classic Tommy’s Margarita. What would happen if a savory margarita was feeling horchata vibes.
- Plane Crash: Whistling Andy Pear & Pink Peppercorn Gin, Rapa Giovanni Centosa Liqueur, Aperol and lemon–inspired by trying to combine a Paper Plane and a Last Word
- Under A Blanket of Blue: Cognac, Gin, blue algae syrup, lemon, egg whites, edible flower dust–because a blues bar deserves a blue drank
- Thai Tea Trippin: Don Q Cristal Rum, Giffard Banana liqueur, tea blend, boba pearl–because we needed a drink that takes 3 days to make.
- It Was A Good Day: Plantation 5 year rum, Mr. Black coffee liqueur, Nilla wafer infused oat milk, cold brew/coconut foam, toasted/shaved coconut–our Irish Coffee mix with a bit of breakfast cereal vibe, because, Gooood Morning!
“We’re ready to party. Are you ready to party?” said co-owner Jamison. “Seriously, it’s nice to get back to thinking creatively and having some fun. We’d put these cocktails up against any in the city.”
Ambient local live music is again being offered nightly, and the Sand Dollar’s acclaimed pizzas are available during all open hours.
Seating is currently limited to 50% capacity with tables six feet apart and bar positions separated by plexiglass barriers as mandated by current state protocols. All stringent sanitation practices remain in place.
The Sand Dollar Lounge is located at 3355 Spring Mountain Rd Ste 30, Las Vegas, NV 89102