Local businesses offer discounts on dining, entertainment, and other services
Those taking advantage of the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada’s (RTC) RTC-OnDemand microtransit service now have another reason to hop on board. Not only do customers get efficient and cost-effective on-demand service, but they can also enjoy exclusive access to perks ranging from 10 percent off food at local restaurants to $20 off an oil change.
RTC-OnDemand, which launched in summer 2021, provides on-demand, shared-ride service to those living in West Henderson and the southwest valley. To showcase how the service can be used to access locations throughout the service area, the RTC is teaming up with various local businesses to offer exclusive perks. Dining partners offering discounts include:
- Bajamar Seafood & Tacos, 8180 Blue Diamond Road, Ste. 110
- Carpe Diem Juice Co., 8180 Blue Diamond Road, Ste. 120
- El Luchador Kitchen Mexican Kitchen & Cantina, 7825 Blue Diamond Road, Ste. 102
- Gabi’s Gorditas, 5095 Blue Diamond Road, Ste. 110
- Locale Italian Kitchen, 7995 Blue Diamond Road, Ste. 106
- Mountain West Eatery, 5110 Blue Diamond Road
- Sharky’s, 5070 Blue Diamond Road
Other neighborhood partners offering discounts include:
- I Nail Lounge, 4550 W. Cactus Avenue, Ste. 130
- Cactus Nail & Spa, 3690 W. Cactus Avenue, Ste. 103
- Bouncy World Indoor Mega Playland & Café, 4549 Blue Diamond Road
- Lion Habitat Ranch, 382 Bruner Avenue
- Jiffy Lube, 4590 W. Cactus Avenue
An RTC-OnDemand ride receipt must be presented for discounts. Participants are urged to visit RTCOnDemand.com for an up-to-date list of discounts and benefits as they are subject to change.
“RTC is a part of the community, and we’re proud to partner with local small businesses to promote the various dining, entertainment and retail options available in our neighborhoods” said MJ Maynard, RTC CEO. “And at just $2 per trip, RTC-OnDemand is an easy to use and inexpensive transportation option to get our residents to explore all of the offerings in the south and southwest parts of the valley.”
RTC-OnDemand provides connectivity options for customers in a more–than-30-square-mile zone and allows them to get picked up from their doorstep and dropped off near numerous locations within the OnDemand zone. Riders can travel to a location outside of the OnDemand zone by transferring to a bus stop within the service area.
Rides can be booked using the RTC-OnDemand mobile app and can be scheduled within 30 minutes or up to seven days in advance.
More information on the program can be found on the RTC-OnDemand website.