Event supports The Friendship Circle, creating a more inclusive community for people with disabilities
The Friendship Circle Las Vegas, a nonprofit organization for individuals with special needs, will hold its annual Walk4Friendship Las Vegas community fundraiser on Sunday, March 6 to raise awareness and resources to create a more inclusive community in Las Vegas for individuals with disabilities.
In addition to the approximately 1-mile walk that starts at the Bet Yossef Community Center, the event will feature a free community carnival at the Las Vegas Sports Park with fun for the whole family, including a zip line, trackless train, Ferris wheel, mechanical bull, rock climbing wall, air jumpers, video game truck, petting zoo, and pony rides.
The walk and carnival are free and open to the public, although donations are encouraged. Walk participants will receive a commemorative t-shirt and will enjoy giveaways, guest celebrity appearances, and a free lunch at the carnival.
- WHAT: Walk4Friendship Las Vegas 4th annual fundraiser walk and community carnival
- WHEN: Sunday, March 6; check-in at 10 a.m., welcome ceremony and walk at 11 a.m., carnival at noon
- WHERE: Walk starts at the Bet Yossef Community Center, 8551 Vegas Dr., Las Vegas
- Community Carnival will be at the Las Vegas Sports Park, 1400 N. Rampart Blvd., Las Vegas
- WHY: Support The Friendship Circle’s efforts to provide social and recreational opportunities for families of children and young adults with disabilities.
The Friendship Circle pairs teenage and young adult volunteers with physically and intellectually challenged children, teens, and young adults who may suffer from loneliness in addition to their handicap. Through shared experiences and activities, new friendships are created and a spirit of inclusion and acceptance of everyone is fostered.
To meet their fundraising goal, event organizers are seeking corporate sponsorships at various levels. Many businesses have already joined the event, including Diamond level sponsors: Southwest Medical and Jewish Nevada and Gold level sponsors: Caesars Entertainment, Aristocrat Cares, Cox Charities, Sunder Energy, NV Energy Foundation, Findlay Toyota, Thomas Spiegel Family Foundation, and Smith’s.
- Registration to participate for free in Walk4Friendship 2021 is now open at: www.walk4friendshiplv.com.
- Sponsorship information is at: https://www.walk4friendshiplv.com/Static/sponsors.