Fizzywood, Local Mixed-Media Artist Is Featured
First Friday Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, announces that First Friday’s Jan. 7 event is declaring “Joy” of being together and sharing creativity at the start of the new year. The art walk area on Boulder Avenue and First Street will feature an estimated sixty First Friday artists and craftspeople. The food garden and bar area remain in the Art Square parking lot, along with the stage. Local musicians will play near the food court stage and the Indie Genius Stage in the Art Walk.
Key elements for this month include:
- Hours of Operation – 5:00 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- First Friday Footprint – The Art Walk is on Boulder Ave. in front of the Arts Factory and on 1st Street. The food garden and bar are located in the Art Square parking lot.
- COVID-19 Requests – Guests are asked to be mindful of others. There are no mask requirements or social distancing requirements currently. First Friday will continue with its program of sanitation and asks guests to continue washing/sanitizing their hands.
- First Friday’s Featured Artist – Elizabeth Woods – Fizzywood – is a local Las Vegas mixed-media artist who specializes in figurative art. She uses surrealist elements in her art to depict her subjects’ feelings and likes to draw focus to negative emotions like loss, grief, and insecurity. She states, “Without joy you couldn’t experience loss and without loss you couldn’t appreciate joy.” in response to a question about this First Friday’s theme of “Joy.”
- Entertainment – Check out the First Friday website for list of entertainment.
- Food Trucks – Over fifteen favorite gourmet food trucks will be featured in the food garden.
- Other arts district art galleries, restaurants, bars and other retail businesses will also be open for First Friday.
- Expect street improvements that will delay traffic throughout the coming months. However, we look forward to the beautiful improvements in the area.
- Parking Info:
- Parking Options: Online Information
- City paid Parking Lot (only $5) located at 500 S. Main Street will be open with free shuttle drop off at Hoover and 1st.
- Ride share drop off also located on Hoover and 1st.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION RE PARKING:
*** First Friday is only operating parking in the streets immediately surrounding the festival on 1st Street and Coolidge. These spaces are available for $25 cash at the check-in tents. We are NOT operating in any of the vacant lots in the area for parking. There have been reports of people directing people to these lots and collecting money to park there. Do NOT Park in any of these lots – you risk being towed. Please notify us if someone approaches you about parking in one of the nearby vacant lots or you see this happening. Thank you! ***
The First Friday Foundation and its partners are not responsible for any damage or theft to your vehicle or belongings while at the event.
The First Friday Foundation will post updates and special offers on scheduled First Friday events and other programming through its social media channels – on Facebook at www.facebook.com/firstfridaylasvegas and Twitter @FirstFridayLV. The website, www.ffflv.org, is active and applications for artists and vendors are currently being accepted.
JANUARY 7 FIRST FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS:
Alternative to driving to the event:
- Downtown Loop provides transportation throughout downtown and to First Friday during the event.
Art Style: Emerging and established artists, craftspeople. Interactive painting for those who want to explore their own creativity. Artists in tents at the event and in the many galleries surrounding the event.
Art Walk 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. showcases work by primarily local artists. Check out the artists booths in the event and be sure to stop in the many galleries in the arts district – Arts Factory, Art Square, along Main Street.
Family fun – there is always something fun for the whole family at First Friday.
Music – Check website for live entertainment.
Food & Drink – 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Explore the many options for your taste buds as the First Friday culinary experience is back in full force with delicious options from the many food trucks, artisan food vendors and restaurants throughout the First Friday footprint and the entire arts district.
Hours of Operation
5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.