Residents Invited To Attend Open Houses And Participate In Free Programs
The city of Las Vegas invites residents to discover the fun in 2021 by visiting one of our community centers beginning today, April 5. The centers have been closed due to COVID-19 and have only been offering assistance to families during the pandemic for the Vegas Strong Academy. The centers will now be re-opening to the entire community.
Residents are invited to visit their local community center during operating hours to take a tour and learn more about the facility and programs. For more information, visit the center’s webpage or call:
- Doolittle Community Center, 1950 N. J. St., 702.229.6374
- East Las Vegas Community Center, 250 N. Eastern Ave., 702.229.1515
- Mirabelli Community Center, 6200 Hargrove Ave., 702.229.6359
- Stupak Community Center, 251 W. Boston Ave., 702.229.2488
- Veterans Memorial Community Center, 101 N. Pavilion Center Drive, 702.229.1100
*Cimarron Rose Center will remain open for Vegas Strong Academy only.
During the weeks of April 19 and 26, each center will offer a selection of free classes and events which range from fitness to dance and youth sports skills to family movies. Call your local center for more information.
Weight rooms and cardio rooms are open in centers where available. Locker rooms, showers and water fountains will remain closed.
All social distancing and mask guidelines must be followed per the mitigation directives.
The city currently is working on plans for the reopening of other facilities and programs; additional details will be provided as those facilities become available. Reopening plans for senior centers are being finalized; more details will be shared at a later date.
Parks, playgrounds, skate parks, courts, exercise and fitness stations remain open. Other facilities that remain open include:
- Chuck Minker Sports Complex, 275 N. Mojave Road, 702.229.6563
- Dula Community Center, 451 E. Bonanza Road, 702.229.6307
- Municipal Pool, 431 E. Bonanza Road, 702.229.6309
- Pavilion Center Pool, 101 S. Pavilion Drive, 702.229.1488
Visit www.lasvegasnevada.gov/welcomeback for the most up-to-date reopening information for the city of Las Vegas.