Recently, during Professional Women in Building Week, the local PWB council participated in various networking and volunteering events.
PWB also hosted its annual Wine Pull event, raising funds toward the 2024-25 Building Hope Scholarship fund.
This year’s successful event garnered a total of more than $110,000 in funds, making it the largest amount raised in PWB Wine Pull history!
The money from the scholarships goes toward education and training for other young women interested in pursuing a career in the field of construction and women in the field looking to advance their career.
me tell your story, Vegas.
Contact Jennifer Bradley, PR Practitioner of the Year
Photos from the Wine Pull event are courtesy of Howard Hughes and photos of the volunteer days are courtesy of PWB of Southern Nevada.
Locally, the Professional Women in Building (PWB) Council, part of the Southern Nevada Home Builders Association, is the voice of women in the building industry, dedicated to promoting industry professionalism and supporting our members at the local, state and national levels by offering scholarships, networking and philanthropic community involvement and professional and personal development.
About Professional Women in Building
The Professional Women in Building (PWB) Council is a part of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) in the United States. PWB is a council that focuses on supporting and promoting women in the home building industry. Its mission is to empower and connect women in the industry, providing them with resources, education, and networking opportunities to advance their careers and businesses.
Here are some key aspects of the Professional Women in Building Council:
- Advocacy: PWB advocates for women in the home building industry by promoting diversity and inclusion. They work to eliminate barriers and promote equal opportunities for women in the industry.
- Education: PWB offers educational programs, workshops, and resources to help women in the building industry develop their skills and knowledge. This includes seminars on leadership, management, and industry trends.
- Networking: PWB provides a platform for women in the industry to connect and network with each other. Networking events, conferences, and local council meetings help members establish valuable professional connections.
- Community Outreach: Many PWB councils are involved in community outreach and charitable activities, such as supporting affordable housing initiatives and engaging in philanthropic projects.
- Recognition: PWB recognizes the achievements and contributions of women in the industry through awards and honors.
- Resources: The council offers various resources, including publications and online tools, to help women navigate the challenges and opportunities in the home building sector.
It’s important to note that PWB is just one of the many councils and committees within the NAHB, each with its specific focus within the home building industry. PWB specifically caters to women professionals in the field and strives to create a supportive environment for their growth and success. The organization’s goals include breaking down gender barriers and fostering a more inclusive and diverse industry.