Locally, the Professional Women in Building (PWB) Council, part of the Southern Nevada Home Builders, is the voice of women in the building industry, dedicated to promoting industry professionalism and supporting our members at the local, state and national levels by offering scholarships, networking and philanthropic community involvement and professional and personal development.
Recently, PWB hosted their Building Hope Scholarship luncheon where a total of $11,000 in scholarship funds were awarded to seven recipients for the 2023-24 school year.
The money from the scholarships goes toward education and training for other young women interested in pursuing a career in the field of construction and women in the field looking to advance their careers.
Additionally, September 11-15 is Professional Women in Building Week, where PWB members will participate in networking, volunteer and renovation projects as well as the annual Wine Pull event, raising funds for the 2024-25 Building Hope Scholarships.
About The Professional Women in Building (PWB) Council
The Professional Women in Building (PWB) Council is a part of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) in the United States. The NAHB is a trade association that represents the residential construction industry, including home builders, remodelers, developers, and other industry professionals.
The PWB Council was established to support and promote women in the residential construction industry. Its primary goals are to:
- Promote Leadership: PWB aims to empower and promote women in leadership positions within the industry. This includes fostering leadership skills and opportunities for women in all facets of residential construction.
- Networking: The council provides a platform for women in the industry to connect and network with each other. Building professional relationships can be essential for career advancement and business development.
- Education and Training: PWB offers educational programs and resources to help women in the industry stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and relevant skills.
- Advocacy: PWB also works on advocacy efforts to support policies and initiatives that benefit women in the residential construction industry.
- Mentorship: Many PWB councils offer mentorship programs where experienced professionals guide and support newer members in their career development.
- Community Involvement: PWB members often engage in community service and outreach activities, using their skills and resources to give back to their communities.
It’s important to note that the PWB operates on a national level through the NAHB, but there are also local and state-level PWB councils and chapters. These local groups often host events, workshops, and networking opportunities specific to their regions.
Overall, the Professional Women in Building Council is an important organization within the residential construction industry that promotes gender diversity and equal opportunities for women professionals. It plays a crucial role in supporting and advancing the careers of women in this traditionally male-dominated field.