Michelin-starred Chef Serrano and renowned beverage expert Julian Cox blend coastal Mediterranean tradition with Las Vegas stylings for distinctive dishes and libations at indoor-outdoor destination
Chef Julian Serrano, the Michelin-starred trailblazer for Bellagio’s acclaimed lakeside dining, is delivering a new vision for his beloved LAGO by Julian Serrano overlooking the resort’s famous Fountains. Inspired by centuries of colorful culinary traditions, the a la carte menu allows a reimagined dinner, lunch or brunch experience that celebrates Italians’ passion for scratch-made pastas, slow-aged steaks and fresh seafood within the larger-than-life style that fuels Las Vegas.
“Italy and Las Vegas share a common zeal for living life to its fullest,” said Chef Serrano. “Every bite at LAGO is an indulgent labor of love that brings a fun and fresh perspective to high-end dining without sacrificing the quality or authenticity that makes each dish special.”
LAGO’s flavorful cuisine is complemented with a reimagined cocktail program conceptualized by Julian Cox, award-winning spirits professional and MGM Resorts International’s Executive Director of Beverage. Cox said, “Chef Serrano’s menu provided a wealth of inspiration for me to explore ways we could play with beautiful Italian flavors to refashion traditional drinks into new ideas, like an Old Fashioned Sfumato, Martini Positano – and what I think will be a showstopper – a flight of four decadent Espresso Martinis for dessert.”
Cox takes LAGO’s coastal-inspired beverage program on an epic journey with Italian liqueurs and other revered spirits that provide new life to North America’s favorite concoctions. Along with an expansive Italian wine list, the fun and visually pleasing offerings include:
- YOU BROKE MY HEART, FREDO – Contrasting ingredients result in a burst of flavors for this libation featuring Carbonadi, an ultra-premium Italian vodka filtered through 2,000 carats of black diamonds to extract impurities, along with Strega Liqueur, mezcal, green chile and pineapple, resulting in a silky-smooth finish.
- LAGO COASTAL TONIC – Made with Picùcinque, which means “plus five” in Italian, this gin was created after a master distiller determined five of 10 selected botanicals had a greater intensity, creating the perfect alchemy when all 10 tonics were infused. The addition of plant-based spirit Chareau, Fiorente Elderflower Liqueur from Piemonte, Italy and Elderflower Tonic round out the ingredients for a refreshing and balanced taste.
- WHITE STRAWBERRY NEGRONI – A new twist on a revered classic, this version is made with dry vermouth; Italicus, an Italian liqueur made with rose petals and bergamot oranges; and Awayuki Strawberry Gin, a spirit infused with the world’s finest and most rare strawberries – Awayuki, White Pearl, and Kotoka – hand grown in Japan.
- OLD FASHIONED SFUMATO – The beloved drink is elevated with gomme syrup and MGM Resorts’ exclusive 777 bourbon bottling with Heaven’s Door Spirits, a liquor co-created by legendary artist Bob Dylan.
- PALOMA ITALIANO – LAGO’s Mexi-talian cocktail mixes Campari into the classic recipe with Pueblo Viejo Tequila, grapefruit juice and lime.
A nod to the sunny Amalfi Coast, known for some of the world’s finest seafood, pastas and lemons, LAGO’s superbly prepared fare will enrich the palate as diners enjoy culinary flavors and aromas reminiscent of Italy’s treasured food destination. Large format entrees from land, sea and garden present an array of options to please the palate while also introducing a sense of celebration likely found at an Italian family table.
- BRUSCHETTA – This classic Italian appetizer is made with Pan de Cristal, known as Glass Bread due to the transparency of the dough, and topped with tomatoes and basil.
- LASAGNA – Guests can enjoy layers of handmade noodles in their Nonna’s favorite style opting between Truffle Fondue, Bolognese or Shrimp Arrabiata, the Italian word for “angry” as a result of the spicy tomato sauce .
- RIGATONI ALL’AMATRICIANA – The rich and flavorful nod to the Roman trattorias, LAGO prepares it in classic style with pecorino, guanciale and tomato sauce.
- LEMON TAGLIOLINI – A traditional recipe from the Piedmont region of Italy, this pasta dish includes thin ribbon noodles tossed in a refreshing sauce of butter, parmesan and lemon.
- MIXED SEAFOOD GRILL – This hearty assortment of seafood includes lobster, langostino, shrimp, white fish and scallops. The grill imparts a delicious flavor paired with the finest seafood available.
- OSSO BUCO – Translated to “bone with a hole,” a reference to the marrow in the center of the veal shank, this rustic dish originated in the Lombardy region of Italy. LAGO braises veal shank and pairs it with saffron risotto.
Weekend Brunch Highlights
- LAGO FRITTATA – This egg-based Italian dish is enriched with a variety of hearty vegetables such as broccoli, sweet peppers and spinach, topped with pecorino cheese and served with a side of potatoes.
- SALMON CROSTINI – A perfect Italian appetizer of grilled bread with toppings, LAGO’s elegant version includes a toasted Baguette topped with ricotta cheese; thinly sliced layers of smoked salmon; and a quail egg.
- BANANA PANCAKES – Blending staples of breakfast and dessert is this sweet selection featuring caramelized bananas cooked into fluffy pancakes topped with Nutella and ricotta, an Italian whey cheese.
- SPAGHETTI AL AGLIO – A delicious and popular Italian specialty, this dish is elegant in its simplicity. Created with homemade noodles, with its rich flavor from the roasted garlic and extra virgin olive oil.
- MIMOSAS – What is brunch without mimosas?! Guests can enjoy bottomless servings of this brunchtime staple for $75 per person.
Weekday Lunch Highlights
- CARPACCIO – Invented in Venice Italy in 1963 by Giuseppe Cipriani, carpaccio saw its rise to fame in the second half of the twentieth century. Guests will enjoy thinly sliced raw fish with arugula, parmesan and lemon aioli.
- SALADS – Power lunch goers can select between hand-tossed salads including Caesar; Mediterranean; Caprese; Vegetable; or Panzanella, a Tuscan and Umbrian salad of marinated bread, onions, and tomatoes. These refreshing selections can be adorned with chicken, shrimp, salmon, or even a half lobster tail.
- LAGO PIZZETTA – This $100 masterpiece brings extravagant ingredients into the daytime dining atmosphere topping a thin-crust pizza with black truffle shavings, truffle cheese and Pata Negra, the fabled, gold standard of ham that can only be obtained from the Iberian Peninsula.
- MUFFALETTA – Created by Italian immigrants in New Orleans, the signature Sicilian sandwich finds its lakeside home, filling the iconic circular sesame bread with stacks of salumi, mortadella, ham, mozzarella and olives.
- BRANZINO – This Mediterranean seabass is best known for its use and popularity in Italian cooking due to its native roots in the waters off of Europe’s western and southern coasts. LAGO’s preparation of the whole seabass served tableside is complemented with a sunchoke purée and salsa verde.
Available for dinner, lunch, and brunch, the restaurant’s creatively decadent desserts offer a range of new-age and archetypal Italian avenues that cap off the meal with a sweet finish.
- DESSERT ESPRESSO MARTINI FLIGHT – LAGO’s grand finale features a flight of four specialty Espresso Martinis crafted for dessert including:
- CHEESECAKE NEXT LEVEL – Mini Cheesecake, Grand Marnier, Vanilla Vodka, Kahlúa
- CHOCOLATE LOVER – Chocolate Ice Cream, White Godiva Liquor, Vanilla Vodka, Kahlúa
- AFFOGATO – Mini Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse, Vanilla Vodka, Kahlúa and Frangelico, a hazelnut liqueur distilled from hazelnuts grown in Piedmont, Italy
- VANILLA SKY – Vanilla Ice Cream, Licor 43, Vanilla Vodka, Kahlúa
- SORBETTO & GELATO PIZZELLE – Pizzelle, the Italian waffle cookies are paired perfectly with Chef’s daily selection of sorbets and gelatos.
- OLIVE OIL CAKE – With deep roots tied into the history of Italian baking, LAGO serves its own Olive Oil Cake with roasted grapes is topped with in-house rosemary gelato.
LAGO is centrally located on Bellagio’s casino floor, adjacent to Le Cirque and Jasmine. Hours of operation are:
- Monday through Thursday
- Lunch: 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Dinner: 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Friday through Sunday
- Brunch: 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Dinner: 5 p.m. – 11 p.m.
For more information and to make reservations, visit www.bellagio.com.