June is Pride Month, an entire month dedicated to uplifting LGBTQIA+ voices, celebrating LGBTQ culture, and supporting LGBTQ rights.
Initially inspired by the 1969 Stonewall Uprising, PRIDE Month works to amplify equality, justice, and opportunity for the LGBTQ community and its allies. “Pride is a celebration of diversity, inclusivity, and acceptance,” says Jim McCoy, events engagement manager for The LGBTQ Center of Southern Nevada.
- Youth PRIDE Prom on Saturday, May 28 at 5-8 pm. A chaperoned event open to ages 13-24 of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Come dressed as authentically and glamorously YOU and get ready for a night of PRIDE! The event is free to attend; details and RSVP here: https://tinyurl.com/qvolution-youthprom
- The Garden Las Vegas will celebrate Pride all month-long with events and drink specials to benefit The Center. https://www.thegardenlasvegas.com/
- AVIATORS PRIDE NIGHT on Wednesday, June 1 at 7 pm. Join The Center as we kick off National PRIDE month at the Las Vegas Ballpark with the AVIATORS. Pride branded merchandise and a portion of ticket sales benefit The Center. For tickets, visit https://fevo.me/3Lusiy3
- PRIDE Family BINGO for The Center – LV PRIDE on Thursday, June 1. Join the family fun and celebrate PRIDE with The Center and Family PRIDE Bingo. https://lasvegaspride.org/calendar
- Las Vegas Stories: A Look Back at the Origins of The Center and other LGBTQIA+ Community Organizations on Thursday, June 2 to Tuesday, June 7 at 8 PM Clark County Library. Join UNLV’s Su Kim Chung and panelists Dennis McBride, John Waldron, Antioco Carillo, and Rob Schlegel as we look back at how Las Vegas’s queer residents found community support in those early pre-Center days and learn more about how a kernel of an idea blossomed into the vibrant organization and community center it is today. https://lvccld.bibliocommons.com/events/624294dd0bf5b93700524813
- PRIDE Dance Fitness Celebration on Saturday, June 4, from noon – 2 pm. Over 20 instructors representing six dance fitness formats from Las Vegas, Arizona & Washington will lead an INCREDIBLE 90-minute master class! Games, prizes, activities, and vendors and maybe even a surprise or two. $10 Entry fee and https://tinyurl.com/pride-dance-fest
- Jimmy’s @Madisons Bear Brunch on Sunday, June 5. Join Norma Llyaman and celebrate PRIDE Month with the BEARS and other crazy creatures! Food and drink specials, entertainment, and fun.
- Family Equality Day at Discovery Children’s Museum on Sunday, June 5
- PrEP RALLY on Saturday, June 11, from 10 am-2 pm. Foundation for Recovery, The Center, and Huntridge Family Clinic will throw a PrEP Rally to engage with the community and promote wellness. The event includes HIV/STI testing, PrEP navigation, harm reduction education, immunizations (Hep A, Hep B, HPV), music, food, and community. The event will be at The Center at 401 S. Maryland Pkwy.
- Big Valley Wrestling OUT AND LOUD on Saturday, June 11 at 6 pm. Big Valley Wrestling is back and bigger and better than ever with LGBTQIA+ wrestlers and allies and incredible matches with some of the West Coast’s best wrestlers. Tickets from $20 and up.
- Juneteeth Commemoration on Saturday, June 18 at The Center. Details are coming soon.
- Mesquite PRIDE on June 24 – 25. Details are coming soon.
- Pahrump PROUD on Sunday, June 26, from 11 am to 4 pm at the Nugget, Pahrump, NV. Join The Center for a family-friendly day of community, partners, entertainment, and outreach!
- ILLUMINARIUM @ AREA 15 – Thursday, June 29. Details are coming soon.
- Hot Shot Bingo on June 30 at Red Rock Casino and Santa Fe Station. Bingo Supports The Center all month long.
- Broadway in the Hood performs RENT – June / July. Details are coming soon.
About The LGBTQ+ Community Center of Southern Nevada (The Center)
For over 25 years, The Center has cared for, championed, and celebrated LGBTQ+ individuals and underserved populations in Nevada. We function as the heart and home of the LGBTQ+ community by making connections, delivering programs, and providing a safe space for health and wellness, social services, arts and culture, advocacy, and community building. Ongoing Center programs support LGBTQ+ youth, adults, families, seniors, vets, people with disabilities, those living with HIV, and underserved populations. Additionally, we are proud to offer the Center Advocacy Network, the first nationally accredited program of its kind, focusing on LGBTQ issues for victim advocacy. For more information on how The Center empowers everyone to thrive in Nevada, please visit https://www.thecenterlv.org.