Notes with a Purpose produces an interactive musical event for one day only
On Saturday, April 9, 2022, Notes with a Purpose is taking over the Las Vegas Natural History Museum with an immersive, musical experience around Carnival of the Animals by Camille Saint-Saëns called The Carnival Cavalcade of Canorous Creatures! Musicians will be strategically placed around the museum’s exhibits as attendees embark on a scavenger hunt, with the treasure being a musical performance of Carnival of the Animals (and narration by a super-secret, surprise guest). The carnival revelry includes food trucks, acrobats, face painting, and a silent auction.
This event brings together ten dynamic and diverse Las Vegas musicians. Leading the roster are acclaimed pianist Dr. Alexandria Le (Yamaha Artist, former Carnegie Hall fellow) and violinist De Ann Letourneau (concertmaster of the Las Vegas Philharmonic). They will be playing side-by-side with top students and alums from the Las Vegas Academy of the Arts and music specialists from CCSD.
The Carnival Cavalcade of Canorous Creatures! looks forward to welcoming families and kids of all ages. Children under 18 years of age are free (under 14 must be accompanied by an adult). Adults are $12, and seniors/military are $10. There are a limited number of tickets, so purchasing in advance is highly recommended through https://www.lvnhm.org/post/one-day-only-carnival-cavalcade-of-canorous-creatures.
“I’m especially excited to be able to present this unique and fun combination of music and science to students, as we’ve all missed the opportunity to experience live music the past couple years.” – Dr. Alexandria Le, founder and Executive Artistic Director of Notes with a Purpose.
- What: The Carnival Cavalcade of Canorous Creatures! — an immersive musical event
- When: April 9, 2022, Saturday
- Time frame: Two scavenger hunt start times of 10 am and 1 pm. Plan on being at the event for 2 hours.
- Who: Families, friends, and young and adolescent children
- How: By advanced purchase (recommended) on the website, www.lvnhm.org, and at door; Children under 18 free (under 14 must be accompanied by an adult); Adults $10/$12