International Whiskey Day is quickly approaching on Sunday, March 27, and what better way to celebrate than by celebrating some of the rarest bottles in Las Vegas.
Delmonico Steakhouse has a vast selection of whiskeys to choose from. Delmonico has been actively building its whiskey library since 2010, which features over 700 whiskey bottlings from over nine countries. Some of the rarest bottles Delmonico offers include Dallas Dhu Vintage 1979, Crown Royal XR Waterloo, and Rittenhouse 25 Year. Crown Royal XR Waterloo was actually created using the last batch of rare whiskies distilled at the Waterloo distillery which was mostly destroyed by a fire in 1993.
For those that are intimidated by drinking whiskey straight, Delmonico offers multiple whiskey cocktails that are more approachable like Thyme Out Of Mind made with thyme-infused whiskey, blackberry syrup, and lemon, or Black Magic made with Sazerac straight rye whiskey, dry orange curaçoa, Amer aperitif, and bitters.
Some other notable cocktails to try for National Whiskey Day include:
- Twin Creeks at Silverton Casino highlights a variety of boutique bourbons with bourbon and whiskey flights. There are four different flights to choose from starting at just $22. In addition to the flights, you can also get a Smokin’ Sazerac made with High West Campfire and Pernod and comes to the table literally smoking.
- Carson Kitchen’s Fine, You? made with rye whiskey, fernet, ginger liqueur, fig, fresh lemon, mint, and orange bitters or Shootin’ Blanks made with rye whiskey, amaretto, Grand Marnier, and lemoncello.
- STK Steakhouse’s Not Your Daddy’s Manhattan made with Woodford reserve, carpano Antica sweet vermouth, and angostura & Peychaud bitters or anything from their signature old-fashioned collection. Choose from a variety of options from sweet to smoky.
- Kona Grill’s The New Old Fashioned made with Jim Bean vanilla bourbon, angostura bitters, and brown sugar.
- If you’re looking to really switch it up, head to Sugar Factory for their Campfire Spiked S’mores Milkshake made with chocolate and coffee ice cream, blended with espresso, toasted marshmallow, Virginia Black Whiskey, topped with an insane seven-layer s’more cookie served on top of a dark chocolate covered mug with Hershey bar chunks and dusted with graham cracker crumbles and pieces. For those who would rather have a goblet, consider the Magic Cotton Candy Goblet made with a sweet mix of Virginia Black Whiskey, peach puree, and sweet tea, then topped with Sour Patch peaches and a burst of strawberry lemonade cotton candy.
- Lawry’s The Prime Rib’s Blackberry Old Fashioned made with Makers Mark bourbon, blackberries, simple syrup, and orange bitters or Filthy Rye Manhattan made with Templeton rye, sweet vermouth, and slow-cooked wild Italian amarena stemless cherries. Also, be sure to check out their Tullamore Dew flights and cocktail available now through March 31. The sampler flight includes four 1 oz. pours of Tullamore Dew’s 12-year old special reserve, Caribbean rum cask, and cider cask.
- Emeril’s New Orleans Fish House features signature old-fashioned infusions with Four Roses bourbon. Choose between the coffee infusion or the chai tea infusion.