Welcomes 1,000,007 Visitors to Omega Mart
Santa Fe-based arts and entertainment company Meow Wolf is celebrating a record-breaking first year of their second permanent exhibition, Omega Mart. Located inside of the AREA15 entertainment district in Las Vegas, this overnight-sensation has thrilled and delighted exactly 1,000,007 visitors who’ve ventured through the ordinary-ish grocery store aisles to discover the many wonders and mysteries that lie beyond its interdimensional portals.
Since opening on February 18th, 2021, Omega Mart has been met with acclaim from fans and critics alike, even snagging the title of “Best in Show” in Blooloop’s 2021 Innovation Awards, which recognizes top leaders in the themed attractions industry.
“The process of creating Omega Mart was a monumental undertaking that sourced the work of 325 artists and collaborators over the course of 3 years,” said Corvas Brinkerhoff, Meow Wolf Co-Founder and Las Vegas Executive Creative Director. “It was bigger and more advanced than anything we’d ever done before, and we are incredibly proud to have not only witnessed it come to life but to see Omega Mart receive such a warm welcome from the Las Vegas and tourism communities.”
As if beating the odds of opening during a global pandemic wasn’t enough, Omega Mart and the team behind it at Meow Wolf Las Vegas experienced an incredible year of firsts, millionths, and manies, including:
- 1,000,007: Visitors to Meow Wolf’s Omega Mart since opening day on Feb. 18, 2021.
- 3,000+: Daikon Pals have found their forever homes.
- $5 Grillion: Total meat sales from Omega Mart’s deli counter.
- 4,555: Tattoo Chicken T-Shirts now in closets across the world.
- 510,912.5: Hours of energy provided through sales of 96 Hour Energy supplement drink.
- 1,243,145,928,193: Grocery shelf items turned to face forward.
- 18,552: Happle Juice cocktails consumed from Datamosh, Omega Mart’s semi-secret bar.
- 14,000ish: Rosemary-infused smoke bubbles popped atop The Source cocktail before photographic proof could be taken for Instagram.
- 122,304: Hours of SeeSeeTV footage captured from The Factory’s observation deck consoles.
“Omega Mart is an impressive feat of ingenuity and artful storytelling,” said Meow Wolf CEO Jose Tolosa. “Meow Wolf’s three exhibitions in Santa Fe, Las Vegas and Denver have created a steady foundation for the company to continue to grow and inspire for many years to come, and I couldn’t be more excited to join the team at such an important moment in Meow Wolf history. Congratulations to the many artists and creatives involved in creating Meow Wolf Las Vegas, and to the hundreds of staff members who create a fun and safe environment for our guests daily.”
While guests are being wowed inside the exhibition, the Meow Wolf Las Vegas team has been hard at work in the community. The only certified B-Corporation in the themed entertainment industry, Meow Wolf’s commitment to its mission of fostering community and supporting local and emerging artists remains as the company grows. Highlights of this year’s community outreach initiatives for Meow Wolf Las Vegas include:
- Engaging 53 Las Vegas-based community organizations and non-profit groups. Employees volunteered, provided services to or donated to benefit organizations such as the Las Vegas Indian Center, Project 150, The LGBTQ Center of Southern Nevada, Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation, Opportunity Village, Delivering with Dignity and others.
- Providing just under 4,000 complimentary admissions and more than $20,000 in merchandise, goods, and staff donations to local organizations and their beneficiaries.
- Partnering with SaveArtSpace to feature the work of 10 local, up-and-coming artists on billboards across the city. More than 250 submissions were received for the first-of-its-kind initiative which increased public accessibility to art while creating opportunities for artists’ work to be viewed by millions in a public setting, most for the first time. Watch: Meow Wolf x SaveArtSpace Mini-Doc.
- Partnering with Goodwill of Southern Nevada to commission local artist Luis Varela-Rico to create a one-of-a-kind sculpture entirely from e-waste products to create awareness for International E-Waste Day.
Meow Wolf’s Omega Mart continues to inspire daily from 10 a.m. to midnight with final entry at 10:20 p.m. Loyal shoppers can keep up with the latest savings at Omega Mart by visiting OmegaMart.com, @OmegaMartUSA on Instagram and Twitter, and @OmegaMart.US on Facebook.