Official Drop off Location for Donations to Toys for Tots
First Friday Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, announces that First Friday’s Dec. 3 event is declaring that “2021: It’s a WRAP.” The art walk area on Boulder Avenue and First Street will feature an estimated 65 First Friday artists and craftspeople.
The food garden and bar area remain in the Art Square parking lot. Local musicians will play on the Indie Genius Stage in the Art Walk and pop up throughout the event.
Key elements for this month include:
- Hours of Operation – 5:00 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- First Friday Footprint – The Art Walk is on Boulder Ave. in front of the Arts Factory and on 1st Street. The food garden and bar are in the Art Square parking lot and on S. Art Way.
- COVID-19 Requests – Guests are asked to be mindful of others. There are no mask requirements or social distancing requirements currently. First Friday will continue with its program of sanitation and asks guests to continue washing/sanitizing their hands.
- First Friday’s Featured Artist – Doctor Ziso is the featured artist in December. His work aims to inspire love and harmony, utilizing street graffiti influences and techniques told through vibrant splashes of color. He has created murals for DTP and others in Las Vegas.
- Toys for Tots – First Friday partners with Sam & Ash, LLP as an official drop off location for the Marines Toys for Tots – the community can meet the Marines and donate gifts for the children of Las Vegas.
- NOTE: First Friday will also host the Marines Toys for Tots first kick off on November 27th during the First Friday Fresh 52 Farmers Market from 10 a.m. through 3 p.m. in the Arts Factory cobblestone area at 107 E. Charleston Blvd. – supporting Small Business Saturday in the arts district.
- Entertainment – Check out the First Friday website for list of entertainment.
- Food Trucks – Over fifteen favorite gourmet food trucks will be featured in the food garden.
- Other arts district art galleries, restaurants, bars and other retail businesses will also be open for First Friday.
- Expect street improvements that will delay traffic throughout the coming months. However, we look forward to the beautiful improvements in the area.
- Parking Info:
- Parking Options: Online Information
- City paid Parking Lot (only $5) located at 500 S. Main Street will be open with free shuttle drop off at Hoover and 1st.
- First Friday paid parking lot located at Arts Square/Mission Linen Building parking lot on Coolidge and Arts Way.
- Ride share drop off also located on Hoover and 1st.
The First Friday Foundation will post updates and special offers on scheduled First Friday events and other programming through its social media channels – on Facebook at www.facebook.com/firstfridaylasvegas and Twitter @FirstFridayLV. The website, www.ffflv.org, is active and applications for artists and vendors are currently being accepted.
DECEMBER 3 FIRST FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS:
Alternative to driving to the event:
- Downtown Loop provides transportation throughout downtown and to First Friday during the event.
Art Style: Emerging and established artists, craftspeople. Interactive painting for those who want to explore their own creativity. Artists in tents at the event and in the many galleries surrounding the event.
Art Walk 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. showcases work by primarily local artists. Check out the artists booths in the event and be sure to stop in the many galleries in the arts district – Arts Factory, Art Square, along Main Street.
Family fun – there is always something fun for the whole family at First Friday.
Music – Check website for live entertainment.
Food & Drink – 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Explore the many options for your taste buds as the First Friday culinary experience is back in full force with delicious options from the many food trucks, artisan food vendors and restaurants throughout the First Friday footprint and the entire arts district.
Thanks to all our generous December sponsors:
- city of Las Vegas
- Baileys Liquor
- Sunbelt Rentals
- Sam & Ash, LLP
- Go Puff
- Area 15
Hours of Operation
5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.