First Friday Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, announces that First Friday’s Sept. 3 event celebrates “Sustainability.”
The art walk area on Boulder Avenue and First Street will feature an estimated 40 First Friday artists and craftspeople. The food garden and bar area remain in the Art Square parking lot, along with the stage. Local musicians will play near the food court stage and the Indie Genius Stage in the Art Walk.
Key elements for this month include:
- Hours of Operation – 5:00 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sponsored by Bulleit – Recognizing National Bourbon Heritage Month, Bulleit has committed to be powered by 100% renewable electricity by 2030. They will be the first carbon neutral distillery and are teaming up with American Forest Partnerships, planting 1 million trees over the next 5 years.
- First Friday Footprint – The Art Walk is on Boulder Ave. in front of the Arts Factory and on 1st Street. The food garden and bar are in the Art Square parking lot and on S. Art Way.
- COVID-19 Requests – Guests are asked to be mindful of others. There are no mask requirements or social distancing requirements currently. First Friday will continue with its program of sanitation and asks guests to continue washing/sanitizing their hands.
- First Friday’s Featured Artist – Las Vegas artist Mary Felker makes art in watercolor, illustrations, and large format murals. She sells stickers, prints, clothing, Do It Yourself Watercolor kits, and notecards of her watercolors, illustrations, and murals. Mary Felker works on her own branded art but also creates logos, custom pieces, murals, and freelance work with magazines like Las Vegas Weekly and Desert Companion. Felker focuses on nature, cactuses, galaxies, femininity, and positivity. Felker is inspired by the adventures she has in the desert and the vibe of Las Vegas, NV.
- Live Entertainment – Live entertainment on the stage located in food and beverage garden throughout the night.
- Food Trucks – Approximately fifteen favorite food trucks will be featured in the food garden.
- Other arts district art galleries, restaurants, bars and other retail businesses will also be open for First Friday.
- Expect street improvements that will delay traffic throughout the coming months. However, we look forward to the beautiful improvements in the area.
- Parking Info
- City paid Parking Lot (only $5) located at 500 S. Main Street will be open with free shuttle drop off at Hoover and 1st.
- First Friday paid parking lot located at Arts Square/Mission Linen Building parking lot on Coolidge and Arts Way.
- Ride share drop off also located on Hoover and 1st.
- RTC Bike Share joins First Friday again with a bike valet and a community interactive art project, painting bicycles which will then be placed into circulation.
The First Friday Foundation will post updates and special offers on scheduled First Friday events and other programming through its social media channels – on Facebook at www.facebook.com/firstfridaylasvegas and Twitter @FirstFridayLV. The website, www.ffflv.org, is active and applications for artists and vendors are currently being accepted.
SEPTEMBER 3 FIRST FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS:
Alternative to driving to the event:
- Downtown Loop provides transportation throughout downtown and to First Friday during the event.
Art Style: Emerging and established artists, craftspeople. Curated by artist Izaac Zevalking. Interactive painting for those who want to explore their own creativity. Artists in tents at the event and in the many galleries surrounding the event.
Art Walk 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. showcases work by primarily local artists. Check out the artists booths in the event and be sure to stop in the many galleries in the arts district – Arts Factory, Art Square, along Main Street.
Family fun – there is always something fun for the whole family at First Friday.
Music – Check website for live entertainment.
Food & Drink – 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Explore the many options for your taste buds as the First Friday culinary experience is back in full force with delicious options from the many food trucks, artisan food vendors and restaurants throughout the First Friday footprint and the entire arts district.
Thanks to all our generous September sponsors:
- city of Las Vegas
- Go Puff
- Sam & Ash, LLP
- Diageo Brands
Hours of Operation
5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
ABOUT FIRST FRIDAY FOUNDATION
First Friday Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and advancing local arts and culture in Las Vegas. We also believe in collaborating with other organizations to help raise awareness in the arts and linking these partnerships to benefit local artists and community members. First Friday Foundation produces the monthly event known as First Friday Las Vegas, which has been a mainstay of arts and culture in Las Vegas since 2002 and has become the leader for family-friendly activities, art, cultural enrichment, educational efforts, imagination, community and more; activities are mostly low cost or free of cost, for every age. For more information on the First Friday Foundation, please visit Facebook page, Instagram or follow on Twitter or visit ffflv.org