Here are the results of several charitable giving, events and award recipients in the Vegas Community.
- Wendi Schweigart, founder of non-profit, Project Marilyn, received $500 for the Channel 13 Community Award from America First Credit Union.
- Las Vegas Fashion Council and the Southern Nevada Burn Foundation hosted a flip flop drive and doubled their goal by collecting 2300 pairs of flip flops to protect the feet from the heat for the homeless. Other participants collected the items included Best Agency, Wicked Donuts, Sambalatte, Mora Iced Creamery and fire stations.
- Local Ford Motor Companies collected 23,000+ water bottles in the ‘FILL THE FORD 150 TRUCK’ with water campaign. All donors received a discounted coupon to water park Cowabunga Bay. Water, including donations by UR water and The Huddle – Las Vegas Bowl, was donated to the Salvation Army.
- The Silver State Schools CU People Over Profit (POP) Foundation, fulfilling its mission to support Southern Nevada charitable education-based organizations, made a $2,500 donation to The Garden Foundation.
- Liberty Lock & Security launched their monthly Keys for a Cause Campaign and have donated monies towards Public Education Foundation. Purchase a key in July and proceeds benefit the southern Nevada Burn Foundation.
Upcoming Charity Events and Announcements:
- Serving our Kids Foundation is hosting its Christmas in July, drive thru, no-contact Food Drive on July 10, 8:30 – 11:30am at 121 Industrial Park Road in Henderson. They are also hosting its 13th Annual Bowl-a-thon on July 25 at Sam’s Town Bowling Center.
- Team Ford Country also donated volunteer hours and food to the nonprofit. servingourkids.org.
- Girls Athletic Leadership Schools is enrolling now for 6th – 8th grade at its new location in front of UNLV at 4220 South Maryland Pkwy. Congresswoman Dina Titus toured the new campus. GALS Las Vegas empowers students to succeed academically, lead confidently, live boldly and thrive physically. Register at GalsLV.org or call 702.672.6306
- Leon Mead, Mead Law Group received the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Top Lawyers issue in Vegas Inc/Las Vegas Weekly.
- Sergio Montegrande, owner of Bella Vita Blue Diamond and Bella Vita – The District received the Best Newbie Business Award from Family Business Magazine.