In recognition of April as Fair Housing Month, the City of Henderson will host “Housing Update in the Valley: Know Your Rights & Available Resources,” a virtual speakers panel created to increase awareness and provide resources to residents about their housing rights as well as discuss relevant housing-related issues affecting our community and current available resources.
The panel takes place at 2:00 p.m. on April 27.
The events of the past year served to further highlight the importance of housing security, accessibility, rights, and resources. This timely and informative panel of local experts will cover:
- Information on Fair Housing Rights
- Updates on the eviction moratoria, tenant rights and current happenings
- Current housing-related and COVID-19 resources available
The panelists are:
- Jim Berchtold, directing attorney, Consumer Rights Project, Legal Aid of Southern Nevada
- Katherine Knister Zook, executive director, Silver State Fair Housing Council
- Kristin Cooper, assistant director, Clark County Social Service
The panel will be moderated by Lisa Corrado, AICP, assistant director of Community Development & Services, City of Henderson.
Join the event here: http://bit.ly/HousingInfoWEBEX.
More information on fair housing can be found by visiting cityofhenderson.com/fairhousing. Follow the City’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts for the latest information about the City of Henderson.