Frank Thomas, Bernie Williams, Shane Victorino and Noel Gugliemi to Play in Sunday’s Main Event Poker Tournament to Raise Funds for Young Cancer Warriors
The upcoming Baller Dream Celebrity Poker Tournament at Circa Resort & Casino has announced new celebrity additions to its main poker tournament event, hosted by pitching legend Greg Maddux.
Baseball stars Frank Thomas, Bernie Williams and Shane Victorino in addition to actor Noel Gugliemi will play to raise funds for young cancer warriors through the Baller Dream Foundation.
With festivities taking place April 28-30, the poker tournament will be Sunday’s headlining event inside of Circa’s rooftop lounge, Legacy Club.
“We’re so thrilled to have Frank, Bernie and Shane join us for this incredible night at Circa,” said Maddux. “We are grateful for everyone’s time and support in making this tournament happen. Baller Dream Foundation continues to help children and young cancer warriors every day and it’s an honor to help further their mission.”
All funds raised at the poker tournament and accompanying silent auction will stay local to Las Vegas and help Baller Dream Foundation provide community programming where cancer warriors feel supported.
The funds also will provide financial support to families experiencing a cancer diagnosis.
The full list of celebrity participants in the tournament includes the following:
· Host Greg Maddux, baseball
· Frank Thomas, baseball
· Bernie Williams, baseball
· Shane Victorino, baseball
· Noel Gugliemi, actor
· Roger Clemens, baseball
· Tito Ortiz, mixed martial arts
· Deryk Engelland, hockey
· Jake Arrieta, baseball
· Kenny Lofton, baseball
· AJ Cole, football
· Goose Gossage, baseball
· Rollie Fingers, baseball
· Shaun King, football
· Evan Mathis, football
· Bruce Thomas, actor
· Darren Banks, hockey
· Derrek Lee, baseball
· Garrett Bradbury, football
· Wally Joyner, baseball
Single tickets to the main poker event on Sunday are still available for $2,500 and include a buy-in of 10,000 chips. The poker tournament will feature cash prizes for first through fifth place with winnings up to $75,000 and a total purse of $150,000. The tournament is limited to 100 participants and tickets can be purchased here.
Baller Dream’s silent auction will open for mobile bidding on Sunday, April 23 at 10 a.m.
PST and close Sunday, April 30 at 8:30 p.m. PST. For the auction, bidders do not need to be present. Notable auction items include:
- Rare memorabilia from Shohei Ohtani, Aaron Judge, Derek Carr, Josh Allen and more
- Bid of golf experiences at Whistling Straits, The Summit Club, TPC Summerlin, Wynn Golf Club among others
- Vacation packages from a choice of 15 destinations including London, Turks and Caicos, Cabo San Lucas, Laguna Beach and more
- Concerts and VIP sporting event tickets including Madonna floor seats, Lexus Club Seats & batting practice with the Texas Rangers, Loge tickets for the Vegas Golden Knights and more
- Custom one-of-one ensemble and whiskey tasting at STITCHED
- Two-night stay at Circa Resort & Casino complete with a Stadium Swim package
To register and receive updates when the auction is live, click here.
The weekend will consist of the following activities:
- Barry’s Downtown Prime Private Dining Experience – Friday, April 28: To start the weekend’s events, Circa’s premier steakhouse Barry’s Downtown Prime will host an invite-only soiree featuring a private dining experience with Executive Chef Barry S. Dakake at 6 p.m. During the evening, guests will be able to chat with celebrity players and sponsors while dining on Barry’s famous steaks, seafood and pasta dishes.
- Kick Off Party at Stadium Swim – Saturday, April 29: The tournament’s kick off celebration will take place at Circa’s year-round, multi-tiered pool amphitheater, Stadium Swim from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. The destination pool sits overlooking Fremont Street Experience and features six, temperature-controlled pools, a 143-foot diagonal viewing screen and dozens of cabana options. Single tickets are available for purchase for $500.
- 60th Floor Poker Tournament – Sunday, April 30: The main poker tournament event will be held on Sunday, April 30 at Legacy Club at 7 p.m. The event will include the celebrity poker tournament, silent auction, cocktail reception, stunning wraparound views of the city’s skyline and live music from local singer and songwriter Jack Higgins who will perform his debut EP “Red Hot Burning Love.”
Founded by Frank DeBlasi, the Baller Dream Foundation provides emotional and daily living support for young warriors battling cancer. They work closely with children’s hospitals across the country and offer in-hospital, volunteer-led activities to help ease the minds of warriors and support their families.