A Guide to the Best Las Vegas Experiences: Exploring the City’s Unique Attractions, Hotels, and Nightlife
Las Vegas is known all over the world as an entertainment mecca. Obviously, the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Vegas is all the casinos and gorgeous hotels you can visit, but Vegas is so much more than just a great spot to gamble! Vegas is full of culture: music, art, and better performance than you can find on some of the best stages worldwide. There are clubs where you can dance till the dawn breaks and enough stores to keep you shopping for years.
Vegas is an incredible destination for a number of reasons. You can visit Vegas for casinos, for a party weekend, for a new stage show every night, for Nevada nature experiences, for thrill rides…you name it! If you’re unsure where to start, you can work from our curated list of best Vegas experiences. Let’s take a look.
Vegas is the casino capital of the world, no question. The casinos in Las Vegas are some of the biggest, some of the most beautiful, and some of the most well-known on the planet. They offer incredible gambling experiences, haute cuisine, and five-star hotel experiences to boot. These are the cream of the crop:
- Caesar’s Palace. This majestic gambling palace is located on the busy and exciting Vegas Strip. There are daily poker tournaments featuring poker variations from all over the world, over 1324 slot machines, and almost 200 table games.
- MGM Grand Resort and Casino. This ultra-modern location has jackpots to make your head spin; the largest is over $960,000. The “No Limit” capital of Vegas is the number one Hold ’em location in the city.
- Mandalay Bay Resort. This location has an incredible performance venue and an excellent casino, so you can catch a show after you hit it big at the tables or slots.
Trying to choose just a few Vegas nightlife experiences is a seriously tall order. People come to Vegas from all over the world to go clubbing in one of the most densely populated nightlife areas on the planet. Bachelors and bachelorette parties come here for a weekend before the big day to let loose and live it up. The early 20s crowd comes here on vacation to dance to some incredible DJs and see superclubs firsthand. Vegas clubbing and bars are at a different level entirely!
- Zouk. This place is a modern technological wonderland. Instead of just having a few regular old dance floors, clubgoers can move through curated experiences at Zouk. There’s Empire and the Capital Bar, which can operate as single venues and be rented out in their entirety. Nightlife legends like Tiësto, G-Eazy, and Disclosure are regulars here.
- Omnia Las Vegas. Luxury is the word here. This Caesar’s Palace venue is the place to go if you want to be treated like modern royalty. The lavish elegance of the decor blends seamlessly with the contemporary design, and the production value is beyond high-end. There’s even a club within a club; the Heart of Omnia is the club’s interior hip-hop location.
- Drai’s Las Vegas. The time of your life up among the clouds is what you’ll have when you step inside Drai’s. You enter through the Cromwell hotel and head up the elevator to experience a club like no other. Here you can sip on delicious cocktails, take in beautiful art and listen to the best dance music of the day. The hip-hop artists who grace the stages at Drai’s are giants like Iggy Azalea and the Weekend, so you don’t want to miss out! The bottle service and multiple bars will keep you coming back for more. There’s also a pool area that is open most months of the year because of the incredible weather in Nevada.
Not only is there a plethora of ways to entertain yourself after the sun goes down in the city, but there’s a lot to do during the day as well. If you’re in a “treat yourself” mood (and, honestly, who isn’t!), the shopping in Vegas will surely get your blood pumping. Whether it’s something sparkly you’re after, a new pair of dancing shoes, some new swimsuits for sunning yourself beside the hotel pool, or some trinket to take home for family and friends, you’ll find it somewhere in Las Vegas.
- The Miracle Mile. If you like taking it easy, not going overboard on the fancy stuff, and keeping things simple, visit the Miracle Mile. Here you can choose from over 150 stores, not to mention all the places to stop to feed and water yourselves while you’re busy getting your new outfits. Shop at Lululemon, Chinese Laundry, The Body Shop, and Quay Australia.
- The Grand Canal. If you like a little more luxury, this is the location for you. This shopping experience at The Venetian is a treat, not only because of all the gorgeous things begging to be bought but also because you can take a gondola ride between purchases! It’s like taking a step into Italy but in the heat of Vegas. You’ll find Burberry, Jimmy Choo, Tony Birch, Barneys New York, Michael Kors, and more.
- Town Square Las Vegas. Take it easy and hang with the locals in Town Square. The open-air mall has an incredible array of open-air stores that cater to a wide range of budgets. There are classics like Hollister, Old Navy, and Hot Topic. There’s also a market where you can pick up trinkets to bring home as souvenirs.
These are the most unmissable Vegas experiences you can have, so be sure to add them to your Vegas bucket list, and you’ll have the time of your life!