Silverton Casino Offers an Over-the-Top Christmas Spectacle, Adds New ‘BAD ELF Experience’
The elves are back in town! Shady Grove Lounge, the popular Las Vegas cocktail hideaway, will once again be transformed into BAD ELF Pop-Up Bar, an over-the-top holiday spectacle, open daily Nov. 4 to Jan. 2 at Silverton Casino.
As the story goes, a gang of spirited elves has chosen to add holiday flair to Shady Grove Lounge to make it look a bit more like the North Pole. Throughout the bar, visitors can get into the holiday spirit with string lights, wrapped presents, oversized ornaments, and dozens of elves suspended from the ceiling. A cozy fireplace with a Christmas tree nestled in the corner creates the perfect photo backdrop.
Even the iconic Airstream, the focal point of the award-winning lounge, is decked out in festive red and green kitsch, complete with snow-covered Christmas trees, elves, presents, and Santa and his reindeer on the roof.
Whether you’re naughty or nice, get ready for an elfin’ good time!
The bar was inspired by tales of the Shelf Elf – so be sure to keep an eye out for a few of the sprites throughout the space. In fact, many of the elves on display were sent to Las Vegas by fans throughout the nation, after the casino put out a call offering to officially “retire” family “Shelf Elves” at Silverton.
The Shelf Elves are part of an interactive “hide ‘n seek” game that has grown into a holiday tradition among families with young children. Most elves are acquired as part of an “Elf on a Shelf” boxed set, which has sold more than 13 million copies since it was first published in 2005. As part of the tradition, the little sprite shows up in creative spots each morning and serves as Santa’s “eyes and ears” throughout the holiday season.
Indeed, this is home to all rebels without a Claus!
The BAD ELF cocktail menu features a variety of delicious beverage choices, including:
- The Grinch Shot, made with peach schnapps, Malibu rum, blue curacao, Sprite and orange juice
- Shady Graham Central Shot, made with Baileys, white crème de cacao and vanilla vodka
- Naughty Butter Beer, made with vanilla vodka, butterscotch and root beer, garnished with whipped cream and sugar crystals
- Spicy Apple Cider, made with Fireball, honey and apple cider, garnished with a cinnamon stick and lemon wheel
- Candy Cane, made with white chocolate liquor, peppermint schnapps and half and half, garnished with a small candy cane
- Poinsettia, champagne with a splash of cranberry juice
NEW! THE BAD ELF EXPERIENCE
For quirky holiday fun, visitors can sign up for the BAD ELF Experience, the best way to enjoy the BAD ELF Pop-Up Bar with their friends. One of three experiences can be purchased online in advance, each including an exclusive BAD ELF souvenir glass, and the chance to play the BAD ELF Puzzle Hunt.
The BAD ELF Puzzle Hunt includes four puzzles to solve using clues within the bar, while visitors drink their holiday cocktails. Those who solve the puzzles are entered to win an “elfin’ good” grand prize, including a VIP dinner for two at Twin Creeks Steakhouse.
These three experiences can be purchased online:
- The BAD ELF Experience: includes one holiday cocktail of your choice, the BAD ELF Puzzle Hunt, and a BAD ELF souvenir glass. ($20)
- The BADDER ELF Experience: includes two holiday cocktails of your choice, a Christmas cookie, the BAD ELF Puzzle Hunt, and a BAD ELF souvenir glass. ($30)
- The BADDEST ELF Experience: includes one hour of BOTTOMLESS drinks, a Christmas cookie, the BAD ELF Puzzle Hunt, and a BAD ELF souvenir glass. BOTTOMLESS drinks include all beer on tap, house wine, well cocktails, and cocktails on the BAD ELF holiday drink menu. ($40)
The BAD ELF Experiences can be purchased beginning Oct. 18 at www.silvertoncasino.com/badelf.
SHELF ELF RETIREMENTS
Silverton Casino is offering to help parents looking to “officially” retire their Shelf Elf, allowing them to take a spot at the BAD ELF pop-up holiday bar – the home to all rebels without a Claus.
Those who wish to retire their elf and mail them to the casino will receive in return:
- An “official” retirement certificate
- A voucher good for a complimentary cocktail during their next visit to Las Vegas.
- Silverton Casino will donate a toy to a Las Vegas toy drive on their behalf.
Those wishing to send their Shelf Elf to Las Vegas should include a note that contains the elf’s name, hometown, and a physical address to send the certificate and drink voucher. The address is: Official Shelf Elf Retirement HQ, Silverton Casino, 3333 Blue Diamond Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89139. In addition, Shelf Elves can be dropped off at the Silverton Rewards counter at Silverton Casino. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.