The Who Hits Back! 2022 North American Tour Ready to Resume This Fall
One of rock’s most enduring iconic forces whose acclaimed live shows continue to draw raves well into their sixth decade, legendary rock band The Who kick off the fall leg of their incredibly successful THE WHO HITS BACK! Tour on October 2, in Toronto, Canada. The much-anticipated live trek thunders across the U.S. through the first week of November, adding two new dates: San Jose, CA on October 24, and Phoenix, AZ on October 30.
Enjoying some of the best reviews of any band currently on the road in 2022, The Who also garnered praise for their poignant and historic show this past May in Cincinnati, OH, their first concert in the city in more than 40 years. The concert proceeds, in excess of $500,000. were donated to the P.E.M. Memorial, the organization that was founded to honor friends and classmates that lost their lives at the December 3, 1979 concert from Finneytown High School. The donation will go towards college scholarships and will be available to all Cincinnati area high schools through the P.E.M. Memorial fund.
The Who continue to raise the bar with stellar supporting artists joining the THE WHO HITS BACK! fall rollout, announcing that Mike Campbell and The Dirty Knobs – fronted by lead guitarist/songwriter from Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Mike Campbell – will be appearing on most of the dates. Singer/songwriter (and founder of Barenaked Ladies) Steven Page is also slated for multiple shows, and British (female-led) rock band The Wild Things will open for The Who on the tour’s final two shows in Las Vegas, November 4 and 5.(Scroll down for dates/details/web links)
The powerhouse band’s upcoming North American fall trek promises to sustain the momentum the band created on the spring leg of the tour. “Daltrey took flight in ‘We’re Not Gonna Take It,’ roaring and howling and whipping his mic cord through the air like he was lassoing cattle…the show was a potent reminder of the timelessness of Townshend’s songs and the Who’s music.” —Dallas Morning News
Legendary singer Roger Daltrey and trailblazing guitarist/songwriter Pete Townshend continue to harness the kind of integrity-driven firepower that has made WHO shows the preeminent gold standard of the pop-culture art form that is rock n’ roll. THE WHO HITS BACK! Tour will again share the stage with some of the finest orchestras in the U.S. and Canada.
THE WHO HITS BACK! Tour will feature THE WHO’s full live band comprised of guitarist/backup singer Simon Townshend, keyboardist Loren Gold, second keyboardist Emily Marshall, bassist Jon Button, drummer Zak Starkey and backing vocals by Billy Nicholls along with orchestra conductor Keith Levenson, lead violinist Katie Jacoby and lead cellist Audrey Snyder, passionately delivering THE WHO’s many classics, as well as songs from their most recent album, titled WHO.
Produced by Live Nation, The Who’s North American THE WHO HITS BACK! Tour will deliver their indelible brand of powerhouse rock through 15 cities.
THE WHO HITS BACK! FALL TOUR DATES
Steven Page https://www.stevenpage.com
Mike Campbell and The Dirty Knobs https://www.thedirtyknobs.com
The Wild Things https://thewildthingsband.com
- Oct 2 / Scotiabank Arena / Toronto, ON SPECIAL GUEST Steven Page
- Oct 4 / Little Caesars Arena / Detroit, MI SPECIAL GUEST Steven Page
- Oct 7 / UBS Arena / Belmont Park, NY SPECIAL GUEST Steven Page
- Oct 9 / Schottenstein Center / Columbus, OH SPECIAL GUEST Steven Page
- Oct 12 / United Center / Chicago, IL SPECIAL GUEST Steven Page
- Oct 14 / Enterprise Center / St. Louis, MO SPECIAL GUEST Mike Campbell and The Dirty Knobs
- Oct 17 / Ball Arena / Denver, CO SPECIAL GUEST Mike Campbell and The Dirty Knobs
- Oct 20 / Moda Center / Portland, OR SPECIAL GUEST Mike Campbell and The Dirty Knobs
- Oct 22 / Climate Pledge Arena / Seattle, WA SPECIAL GUEST Mike Campbell and The Dirty Knobs
- *Oct 24 / SAP Center / San Jose, CA SPECIAL GUEST Mike Campbell and The Dirty Knobs
- Oct 26 / Golden 1 Center / Sacramento, CA SPECIAL GUEST Mike Campbell and The Dirty Knobs
- Oct 28 / Honda Center / Anaheim, CA SPECIAL GUEST Mike Campbell and The Dirty Knobs
- *Oct 30 / Ak Chin Pavilion / Phoenix, AZ SPECIAL GUEST Mike Campbell and The Dirty Knobs
- Nov 1 / Hollywood Bowl / Los Angeles, CA SPECIAL GUEST Mike Campbell and The Dirty Knobs
- Nov 4 + 5 / Dolby Live at Park MGM / Las Vegas, NV SPECIAL GUEST The Wild Things
Follow on Social Media