The upscale cocktail lounge will feature agave-based cocktails and modern Mexican bites
Resorts World Las Vegas is set to open a new luxury bar and lounge, Jalisco Underground, on Thursday, Sept.15. Located directly underneath Wally’s Wine & Spirits, the opulent cocktail experience will feature a collection of agave-based cocktails and decadent bar bites inspired by bold, Mexican flavors.
From the moment they arrive, guests will be immersed in Mexico City’s underground tequila culture, as they sip on high-end spirits and handcrafted cocktails inspired by the birthplace of tequila, Jalisco, Guadalajara.
Sounds of modern Mexican music, Latin DJs and pure Rock n’ Roll will be heard as guests are transported into a Mexico City tequileria with a Las Vegas-style twist.
“The space underneath Wally’s is a hidden treasure on property, and as we thought about fun ways to program it, we felt that an underground tequila concept was a perfect fit,” said Scott Sibella, president of Resorts World Las Vegas. “With the addition of Jalisco Underground, there will be no shortage of places for guests to enjoy while on property.”
The mixology program is inspired by authentic recipes and modern techniques from south of the border and features an all-new take on the traditional agave cocktail. The elevated food offerings include Mexican dishes, giving guests a unique interpretation of the food pairings that would be found in the greatest underground tequila spots in Mexico.
Menu highlights include:
- 24 Carat Margarita: Clase Azul añejo, Grand Marnier 150, lime juice and agave nectar
- Black on Black on Black: Mexican brandy, Casa Dragones añejo and Meletti Amaro
- Cristiano’s Margarita: Barrel-Aged El Cristiano Blanco, lime, lemon and orange juice
- Hundred Dollar Nachos: Slow-roasted suckling pig, topped with truffle queso and Siberian caviar
- Lobster Quesadilla: Stuffed with Maine lobster, Chanterelle mushrooms and squash blossom, finished with white cheddar and bisque salsa
- Grilled Octopus Tacos: Chorizo-spiced octopus, roasted market carrots, lime crème fraîche and black garlic mole
The underground venue will feature a mix of authentic and modern décor, candlelight chandeliers, custom mosaics and more.
Jalisco Underground will be open Thursday through Saturday from 6 p.m. to late. For more information, please visit www.rwlasvegas.com/dining/jalisco.