On Aug. 20, Mystère by Cirque du Soleil marked its 13,000th performance at Treasure Island Hotel & Casino since debuting 29 years ago.
After opening in 1993, more than 17 million people have been enthralled by the original must-see Cirque du Soleil production which has become Las Vegas’ flagship production for high-energy acrobatics. Mystère features exhilarating stunts including flying trapeze artists, Chinese poles and teeterboards acts set to the backdrop of inspiring imagery, powerful music and vibrant costumes.
To celebrate the unprecedented milestone, artists and crew were treated to a celebratory cake presented by Treasure Island Hotel & Casino and they snapped a photo on stage to commemorate the impressive feat. Mystère’s finale was met with a thunderous standing ovation from a sold-out crowd as a special “13,000th show” sign was displayed on stage.
“It’s an extraordinary accomplishment to perform 13,000 shows in Las Vegas and we owe it all to our tremendously skilled performers and crew,” said Eric Grilly, president of Resident Shows Division. “Mystère continues to be a hallmark of Las Vegas entertainment with its unmatched artistry and we look forward to seeing how much more we can achieve together in the future.”
Seven of the original cast members and staff are still with the show including:
- Magalie Drolet, bungee artist; Sean Jensen, head of lighting; Adolfo (Chile) Medal, carpentry technician; Trevor Nassler, former planche artist and now props technician; Marc Solis, musician; Annie Wilkins, head of props and Donny Workman, head of carpentry.
Fun facts about Mystère:
- Alice the Snail weighs more than 2,000 pounds and is pushed by four carpenters
- There are approximately 10,000 costume pieces in the theater
- The international cast consists of more than 70 performers from 24 different countries jumps are performed during one show
- More than 92,000 lbs of equipment flies during a show, requiring 7.5 miles of wire rope
The 2022 schedule includes nightly performances Friday through Tuesday at 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Tickets are on sale now and start at $69. For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit cirquedusoleil.com/mystere.
About Cirque du Soleil
Cirque du Soleil has redefined how the world views the circus; from small town talent to a household name. Based in Montreal (Qc), the Canadian organization went on to become a global leader in live entertainment with the creation of world-class immersive and iconic experiences, across 6 continents.
Cirque du Soleil connects with audiences by being genuine, human and inclusive. Privileged to work with artists from 90 countries to bring their creativity to life on stages around the world, the company aims to make a positive impact on people, communities and the planet with its most important tools: creativity and art.
Over the years, more than 215 million people have been inspired, in over 70 different countries. For more information, visit cirquedusoleil.com.