This spring, X Burlesque, the city’s hottest topless review featuring Las Vegas’ sexiest and most talented dancers, will commemorate its 20th anniversary on the famous Las Vegas Strip at Flamingo Las Vegas.
In honor of this milestone platinum celebration, here are 20 tantalizing tidbits you may not have known about the sultriest show on The Strip:
1. X Burlesque was created and produced by Matt and Angela Stabile, with Tiffany Mondell serving as co-producer and Anthony Cardella as co-producer and choreographer.
2. X Burlesque keeps it in the family! Tiffany is Angela and Matt’s daughter, and Anthony met Tiffany and Angela when he was just 12 years old.
3. With his parents serving as Jerry Lewis’ manager, Matt grew up in Las Vegas around such entertainment legends as Sammy Davis Jr., Shecky Green, Charo, Don Rickles and Dean Martin.
4. Matt is an award-winning director, director of photography and editor. He and Angela have sound designed, light designed and directed X Burlesque since its conception in 2002.
5. Before deciding to produce her own show in 2002, Angela starred in Crazy Girls for 10 years. Angela and her fellow Crazy Girls castmate Shellee Renee created the famous butts pose in the “no if and or butts” poster. She is second from the left in the poster and third from the left in the well-known bronze statue.
6. Anthony used to weigh over 300 pounds, but with hard work and dedication, he is now a picture of health!
7. Anthony’s mother was Pudgy! the Queen of Tease! She met and worked with Angela when she was a dancer in Crazy Girls, and was the comedienne when X Burlesque opened at the Flamingo.
8. Angela’s son Frankie Sidoris is a bona fide rockstar. He is in Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators, as well as Mammoth WVH, with Eddie Van Halen’s son.
9. In celebration of the show’s 20th anniversary, the X Burlesque team recreated the very first X commercial on stage at Planet Hollywood, formerly the Aladdin, where the show first opened two decades ago.
10. There are three remaining numbers from the first version of X Burlesque: Lenny Kravitz’s “Fly Away,” where a lucky guest gets access to the “X”clusive Mile High Club on stage with the X Girls; a bathtub number set to music by Enigma; and a legs number featuring Calvin Harris.
11. X Burlesque has performed all over the country, with residencies in Lake Tahoe, Reno and Atlantic City, as well as tours in Ute Mountain, Colorado; Lake of the Torches, Wisconsin; and Laughlin, Nevada.
12. X Burlesque has also performed internationally, with a tour in South America that included shows in Santiago, Chile as well as Bogota and Cali, Columbia.
13. Celebrity attendees over the years have included Usher, Taye Diggs, Diddy, Toni Braxton, Holly Madison, Jenna Jameson, Frankie Muniz, Wayne Brady, Sammy Hagar, Nicolas Cage, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jim Belushi, Jerry Lewis, Tony Dovolani, Abby Lee Miller, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, The Conspirators from Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators, the cast of “The Sopranos,” Brian May of Queen, Cheryl James of Salt-N-Pepa and many more.
14. For four years in a row, X Burlesque has been awarded first place as sexiest topless revue in Las Vegas.
15. X Burlesque has performed around 10,000 shows since it first opened at the Aladdin in 2002.
16. Over one million people have seen X Burlesque.
17. X Burlesque has been named “Sexiest Show in Vegas” by Travel Channel, “The Hottest Show on the Strip” by CNBC, “The Sexiest Show in Las Vegas” by What’s On, and one of “The 12 Sexiest Jobs in Las Vegas” by E! News.
18. The overwhelming popularity and success of X Burlesque has resulted in the launches of other X shows in Las Vegas, including X Country, X Rocks, X Burlesque University and Men of X.
19. Dancers from around the world have been featured in the X Burlesque cast, everywhere from France, England, Canada, and, of course, the United States, including a few Las Vegas natives!
20. To commemorate their milestone 20th anniversary, the show will be introducing three new sultry numbers, including a new hip-hop number, “Tap In” by Saweetie; a new bed number set to Adele’s “Easy On Me;” and a new solo, “I Just Want To Make Love To You” by Etta James.
ABOUT X BURLESQUE:
Provocative, daring and scintillating, X Burlesque brings adult fantasies to the stage in a bubbly production show led by a troupe of gorgeous dancers. Running as the city’s hottest topless revue for 20 years, the X Burlesque beauties bare their assets all while playfully interacting with the audience. With bits set to music by hot contemporary artists, numbers range from frisky to X-rated, hence the show’s seductive name.
Created and produced by husband and wife team, Matt and Angela Stabile, X Burlesque performs at Flamingo Las Vegas Thursday through Monday at 10 p.m., with additional 7 p.m. shows Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Tickets start at $56, plus tax and fees, and can be purchased at the Flamingo Box Office, by phone at (702) 733-3333 or (800) 221-7299, or by visiting flamingolasvegas.com. Guests must be 18 years or older.