The fall season has arrived at the local hotspot with the addition of hearty dishes to warm the soul
Locale Italian Kitchen is proud to announce the addition of Chef Leo Barrera to the role of Executive Chef. In keeping with its reputation for delicious and creative plays on classic Italian dishes, the award-winning restaurant has rolled out new menu items from Chef Leo just in time for the fall season.
Coming from a family of restaurants specializing in coastal cuisine in the southwest part of Mexico, Executive Chef Leonardo “Leo” Barrera was destined to take on an Executive Chef title, following in his family’s footsteps and exceeding all expectations of where a passion for cooking can lead.
Chef Leo became one of the youngest executive chefs in the city of Las Vegas in 2014 at the age of 20 and went on to develop his skills traveling between Las Vegas and Los Angeles with culinary roles at BBCM (The Butcher, The Baker, The Cappuccino Maker), the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas and The Stirling Club. Chef Leo dedicates time to reading and learning about the most renowned Italian chefs across the globe and developing his own takes on Italian craft cooking which he proudly brings to the table at Locale.
New additions to the daily dinner menu include:
- Cavatelli – butternut squash, sage brown butter sauce, coffee roasted pepita seeds, whipped ricotta
- Orecchiette – braised short rib, mushrooms, horseradish, jus
- Fig & Bleu Cheese Pizza – fresh mozzarella, arugula, balsamico
- American Wagyu – flat iron steak, smashed crispy potatoes, broccolini
- Braised Beef Short Rib – sunchoke mash, parmigiano kale chips, red wine jus
- Pan-Seared Salmon – roasted tomato puree, crispy Brussels sprouts, fried leeks
- Seared U-10 Diver Scallops – fregula, squash succotash, butternut squash sauce, Calabrian chilies
- Rigatoni Alla Vodka – creamy tomato sauce, parmigiano, vodka (add Italian sausage or chicken)
About Locale Italian Kitchen
Locale Italian Kitchen is located at 7995 Blue Diamond Rd. #106 in the heart of Mountain’s Edge in Southwest Las Vegas and is open Monday – Thursday from 5-9 p.m., Friday – Saturday 5-10 p.m., and Sunday with brunch beginning at noon and dinner running to 9 p.m. Happy Hour runs Monday – Thursday 5-6 p.m. with drink and food specials. For reservations or more information, please visit www.LocaleLV.com or call 702.330.0404. Stay in touch with Locale Italian Kitchen on Facebook and Instagram @LocaleLV