First Friday Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, announces that the beloved community event, First Friday, is back again on April 2nd.
Given current COVID-19 requirements, the art walk will allow 250 people in its footprint at a time. The art walk area on Boulder Avenue and First Street will feature 35 First Friday artists and craftspeople, including popular artists like Izaac Zevalking (Recycled Propaganda) and Mila May (local artist and muralist). Guests can RSVP to the event on www.ffflv.org.
Key elements for this month include:
- Hours of Operation – 5:00 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- First Friday Footprint – Given COVID-19 restrictions, there will be entrances and exits to the art walk on Art Way and 1st Street plus entrances into the food garden and bar in the Art Square parking lot and Art Way. The Art Walk is on Boulder Ave. in front of the Arts Factory and on 1st Street. The food garden and bar are in the Art Square parking lot and on S. Art Way – no open food or beverages can leave this area.
- COVID-19 Requirements – All guests entering the art walk will be required to wear face masks and non-invasive temperature checks will be taken at the entrances. All food and beverages must be consumed in the food garden and bar area. Only packaged food can leave this area. Only 250 people at a time will be permitted to enter the art walk area.
- First Friday’s Featured Artist – Eric Vozzola is a studio artist, muralist, and graphic designer based in his hometown of Las Vegas, NV. He received his BFA in Graphic Design from UNLV in 2011. Eric has shown studio work in solo and group shows locally and nationally and has multiple public artworks around Vegas. His most notable solo shows in Las Vegas were held at Winchester Gallery, Whitney Library Gallery, and the Alumni Gallery at his alma mater of UNLV. He has created murals and public art for Circa Resort & Casino, the City of Las Vegas, the City of Henderson, Life Is Beautiful festival, Meow Wolf at Area 15, and various private residences and local businesses.
- Jef Logan, local artist, will unveil installation – Sponsored by Sam & Ash Law, this special art installation will be displayed in Boulder Plaza during the event – within the art walk for viewing and to meet and greet the artist.
- Live Entertainment – Live performances on two stages throughout the night, local acoustic, guitar, saxophone, musicians, etc.
- Food Beast, a popular food and drink publication, influencer network, and experiential company – Has recognized Las Vegas local Custom Pizza Truck. They are the largest mobile pizza truck in the USA with the ability to service 100 pizzas in an hour. Bringing a unique experience which allows attendees to see what’s happening in the kitchen behind the glass, they are the largest mobile pizza truck in the USA with the ability to service 100 pizzas in an hour. Custom Pizza Truck and Chef Bart from Poland will be in the food garden with us April 2. Food Beast says, “Custom Pizza truck is on point in slingin’ pizzas.”
- Other arts district art galleries, restaurants, bars and other retail businesses will also be open for First Friday.
- Parking Info – Free parking on surrounding streets, city paid parking lot areas on www.parkwhiz. Paid parking lot located at Arts Square/Mission Linen Building parking lot on Coolidge and Arts Way.
The First Friday Foundation will post updates and special offers on scheduled First Friday events and other programming through its social media channels – on Facebook at www.facebook.com/firstfridaylasvegas and Twitter @FirstFridayLV. The website, www.ffflv.org, is active and applications for artists and vendors are currently being accepted.
APRIL 2ND FIRST FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS:
Alternative to driving to the event:
- Sin City Cycle Cab drop off and pick up at 1st Street and Hoover Avenues. Rides from downtown Las Vegas to First Friday and back all night, including from City Hall parking garage.
- Downtown Loop also provides transportation throughout downtown and to First Friday during the event.
Art Style: Emerging and established artists, craftspeople. Curated by artist Izaac Zevalking. Interactive painting for those who want to explore their own creativity. Artists in tents at the event and in the many galleries surrounding the event.
Art Walk 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. showcases work by primarily local artists. Check out the artists booths in the event and be sure to stop in the many galleries in the arts district – Arts Factory, Art Square, along Main Street.
Family fun – there is always something fun for the whole family at First Friday.
Music – Check website for live entertainment.
Food & Drink – 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Explore the many options for your taste buds as the First Friday culinary experience is back in full force with delicious options from the many food trucks, artisan food vendors and restaurants throughout the First Friday footprint and the entire arts district.
Thanks to all our generous April sponsors:
- City of Las Vegas
- Sam & Ash, LLP Law
- Art Houz Theaters
- CraftHaus Brewery
Hours of Operation
5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
ABOUT FIRST FRIDAY FOUNDATION
First Friday Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and advancing local arts and culture in Las Vegas. We also believe in collaborating with other organizations to help raise awareness in the arts and linking these partnerships to benefit local artists and community members. First Friday Foundation produces the monthly event known as First Friday Las Vegas, which has been a mainstay of arts and culture in Las Vegas since 2002 and has become the leader for family-friendly activities, art, cultural enrichment, educational efforts, imagination, community and more; activities are mostly low cost or free of cost, for every age. For more information on the First Friday, please visit Facebook page, Instagram or follow on Twitter or visit ffflv.org