BBB Of Southern Nevada is proud to host its 11th Annual Secure Your ID Day
Celebrate Earth Day on April 22, 9am – Noon, and get old paperwork shredded and recycled.
Shredding is an easy way to decrease the chances of your personal information being stolen and used for fraudulent activity.
All proceeds/donations from the event will benefit the non-profit Serving Our Kids Foundation.
Where: 6040 S. Jones Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89118
When: Saturday, Apr 22, 2023, 9 AM – 12 PM* (or when truck fills)
Thank you to its partner and Accredited Business, Assured Document Destruction, for providing shredding services.
What can be shredded and details:
- Up to 4 Boxes for FREE per vehicle; each additional box is $10.00
- No electronics, trash, biohazard material, Xrays, binder clips, binders, etc. (these items will cause the shredder to catch fire).
- No staying to watch the shredding process (this causes major traffic backup).
- For everyone’s safety, please remain in your vehicle and open your trunk so we can remove the paperwork.
- The BBB does not dispose of boxes, the contents will be emptied, and the box will be returned.
For those who can’t make the event on Saturday the 22, you may come by the BBB offices Monday, April 17th, during normal business hours and drop off your recyclable material into their secured storage bins.
Why Protect your ID and Shred?
Destroying documents that contain sensitive information could help protect one from identity theft. Identity thieves are not above dumpster diving to get their hands on personal details, like your name, address, date of birth, Social Security number, etc.
If you throw your documents away without first destroying them or making them unreadable, an identity thief could easily retrieve them from the trash and use the sensitive information to open new accounts, apply for credit cards or loans, and make unauthorized purchases in your name. They could also use the information they find to target you with social media scams, including phishing and other types of fraud.