Jake Arrieta, Kenny Lofton, Rollie Fingers, Goose Gossage, Shaun King and More Join Greg Maddux to Raise Funds for Young Cancer Warriors
Baller Dream Foundation and downtown Las Vegas’ Circa Resort & Casino have announced the star-studded celebrity lineup for the inaugural Baller Dream Celebrity Poker Tournament, taking place April 28-30.
Jake Arrieta, Roger Clemens, Tito Ortiz, Rollie Fingers, Kenny Lofton, Shaun King, Goose Gossage and more will join legendary pitcher and event host, Greg Maddux, to help raise funds for young cancer warriors.
Single tickets to Sunday’s main event can be purchased here.
The tournament will include the following celebrities, with additional names to be announced in the coming weeks:
- · Host Greg Maddux, baseball
- · Roger Clemens, baseball
- · Tito Ortiz, mixed martial arts
- · Deryk Engelland, hockey
- · Jake Arrieta, baseball
- · Kenny Lofton, baseball
- · AJ Cole, football
- · Goose Gossage, baseball
- · Rollie Fingers, baseball
- · Shaun King, football
- · Evan Mathis, football
- · Bruce Thomas, actor
- · Darren Banks, hockey
- · Derek Lee, baseball
- · Garrett Bradbury, football
- · Wally Joyner, baseball
“It is powerful to have these incredible names from the world of sports and beyond join us for the Baller Dream Celebrity Poker Tournament,” said Maddux. “We appreciate their time and effort to raise the critical funds needed to help these brave individuals, and we can’t wait to have some fun with them for an amazing cause.”
The poker tournament will feature cash prizes for first through fifth place with winnings up to $75,000 and a total purse of $150,000. Single tickets to the main event on Sunday are still available for $2,500 and include a buy-in of 10,000 chips. The No Limit Texas Hold’em tournament will have a total prize pool of $150,000 for 5 winners. The tournament is limited to 100 participants.
All funds raised will stay local to Las Vegas and help Baller Dream Foundation provide community programming where cancer warriors feel supported and celebrated. The funds also will provide financial support to families experiencing a cancer diagnosis.
The weekend will include the following activities:
- Barry’s Downtown Prime Private Dining Experience – Friday, April 28: To kick off the tournament weekend, Barry’s Downtown Prime will host an invite-only event featuring a private dining experience with Executive Chef Barry S. Dakake at 6 p.m. During the evening, guests will be able to chat with celebrity players and sponsors while dining on steaks, seafood and pasta dishes.
- Kick Off Party at Stadium Swim – Saturday, April 29: The tournament’s commencement celebration will take place at Circa’s year-round, multi-tiered pool amphitheater, Stadium Swim from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. The destination pool features six, temperature-controlled pools, a 143-foot diagonal viewing screen and dozens of cabana options. Single tickets are available for purchase for $500.
- 60th Floor Poker Tournament – Sunday, April 30: The poker tournament event will be held on Sunday, April 30 at Circa’s rooftop cocktail lounge, Legacy Club at 7 p.m. The event will include the celebrity poker tournament, silent auction, cocktail reception and stunning wraparound views of the city’s skyline.
Corporate packages range from $10,000 plus and include hotel accommodations, seats at the tournament (including buy-in), marketing packages and access to the events. To reserve seats and inquire about sponsorship packages, click here.
During the weekend, guests will have the chance to win a variety of exclusive silent auction items, including signed jerseys from Greg Maddux, Josh Smoltz and Tom Glavine; a private golf experience at TPC Summerlin with Greg Maddux; VIP access to the Genesis Open in Los Angeles; floor seats to a Madonna concert in Denver; Vegas Golden Knights loge seats; a VIP outing at a Texas Rangers game with a batting practice; vacation packages to Turks and Caicos, London and more; Circa’s Barry’s Downtown Prime and Stadium Swim experience; a tee time at the Wynn Golf Club and more. If interested in donating an item or experience, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded by Frank DeBlasi, the Baller Dream Foundation provides emotional and daily living support for young warriors battling cancer. They work closely with children’s hospitals across the country and offer in-hospital, volunteer-led activities to help ease the minds of warriors and support their families.