City of Las Vegas Fire & Rescue Team Offers Pop up Vaccination Site at First Friday
First Friday Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, announces that the beloved community event, First Friday, is truly back again – ‘Reflection’ on June 4th. The art walk area on Boulder Avenue and First Street will feature an estimated 40 First Friday artists and craftspeople. The food garden and bar area remain in the Art Square parking lot, along with the stage.
Key elements for this month include:
- Hours of Operation – 5:00 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- First Friday Footprint – The Art Walk is on Boulder Ave. in front of the Arts Factory and on 1st Street. The food garden and bar are in the Art Square parking lot and on S. Art Way.
- COVID-19 Requests – Guests are asked to be mindful of others. There are no mask requirements or social distancing requirements currently. First Friday will continue with its program of sanitation and asks guests to continue washing/sanitizing their hands.
- Pop Up Vaccination Site – Las Vegas Fire & Rescue team runs the site from 5:00 to 9:00 pm.
- Located on Coolidge and First Street – just look for the firetruck.
- Offering both Jensen (Johnson & Johnson) single dose and Pfizer (first dose) brand vaccines
- Ages 12 and up will be accepted (both registered and walk ups)
- To pre-register for the vaccination event: https://vax4nv.nv.gov/patient/s/ and select June 4 in search parameters OR call (800) 401-0946 for registration assistance.
- Approximately 100 vaccinations (both registered and walk ups) will be available
- First Friday’s Featured Artist – Izaac Zevalking, owner/artist of Recycled Propaganda, is a local Las Vegas artists and muralist. He is a socio-political artist acclaimed for his graphic exploration of a broad variety of contemporary issues from global history to current affairs. An English-American who was raised bicontinental in a family who highly valued creativity and outside-the-box thinking, Izaac’s work encourages critical thought and nuance in an increasingly apathetic and polarized society.
- Live Entertainment – Live entertainment, featuring Darien Orr on alto/tenor saxophone on the city of Las Vegas stage located in food and beverage garden throughout the night.
- Food Trucks – Approximately twelve favorite food trucks will be featured in the food garden.
- Other arts district art galleries, restaurants, bars and other retail businesses will also be open for First Friday.
- Parking Info – Free parking on surrounding streets, city paid parking lot areas on www.parkwhiz.
- City paid Parking Lot ($5) located at 500 S. Main Street will be open with free shuttle drop off at Hoover and 1st.
- First Friday paid parking lot located at Arts Square/Mission Linen Building parking lot on Coolidge and Arts Way.
- Ride share also located on Hoover and 1st.
The First Friday Foundation will post updates and special offers on scheduled First Friday events and other programming through its social media channels – on Facebook at www.facebook.com/firstfridaylasvegas and Twitter @FirstFridayLV. The website, www.ffflv.org, is active and applications for artists and vendors are currently being accepted.
JUNE 4TH FIRST FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS:
Alternative to driving to the event:
- Downtown Loop provides transportation throughout downtown and to First Friday during the event.
Art Style: Emerging and established artists, craftspeople. Curated by artist Izaac Zevalking. Interactive painting for those who want to explore their own creativity. Artists in tents at the event and in the many galleries surrounding the event.
Art Walk 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. showcases work by primarily local artists. Check out the artists booths in the event and be sure to stop in the many galleries in the arts district – Arts Factory, Art Square, along Main Street.
Family fun – there is always something fun for the whole family at First Friday.
Music – Check website for live entertainment.
Food & Drink – 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Explore the many options for your taste buds as the First Friday culinary experience is back in full force with delicious options from the many food trucks, artisan food vendors and restaurants throughout the First Friday footprint and the entire arts district.
Thanks to all our generous May sponsors:
- City of Las Vegas
- Captain Morgan
- Captain Morgan Apple
- GTI Grows
- Sam & Ash, LLP
Hours of Operation
5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
ABOUT FIRST FRIDAY FOUNDATION
First Friday Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and advancing local arts and culture in Las Vegas. We also believe in collaborating with other organizations to help raise awareness in the arts and linking these partnerships to benefit local artists and community members. First Friday Foundation produces the monthly event known as First Friday Las Vegas, which has been a mainstay of arts and culture in Las Vegas since 2002 and has become the leader for family-friendly activities, art, cultural enrichment, educational efforts, imagination, community and more; activities are mostly low cost or free of cost, for every age. For more information on the First Friday, please visit Facebook page, Instagram or follow on Twitter or visit ffflv.org