The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, a luxury casino-resort in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, commemorates 10 years since its historic opening. The Cosmopolitan welcomes guests to safely celebrate with a multitude of offers available throughout 2021, including exclusive packages, bespoke dining experiences, social media contests and a call to the local community to recognize 2020 heroes with stunning grand prize giveaways.
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas debuted on Dec. 15, 2010. Upon arrival, the socially dynamic casino-resort disrupted the hospitality scene with its distinctive brand voice, iconic marketing campaigns and novel approach to luxury hospitality. A decade later, The Cosmopolitan has welcomed millions of guests from around the world while remaining committed to its building blocks – community, art, high design, exceptional service, and an original ethos, to provide stories worth telling and a feeling worth returning to.
“The Cosmopolitan opened its doors in a time where the world questioned how Las Vegas would bounce back from an economic downturn,” said William McBeath, President and Chief Executive Officer of The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. “Now, 10 years later, The Cosmopolitan has accomplished what many thought to be impossible, and that is in credit to the longstanding loyalty and devotion of our employees and guests. It’s an honor to be woven into the legacy of this strong and resilient community. And while Las Vegas finds itself in yet another hardship, together, we will continue to defy the odds.”
10 Year Anniversary Programming, Packages & Giveaways
To celebrate this momentous milestone, The Cosmopolitan has crafted a collection of offers, experiences, and giveaways. Further details and booking instructions can be found on the dedicated anniversary webpage.
- ‘Cheers to 10 Years’ Flash Sale: Launching Tuesday, Jan. 12, The Cosmopolitan presents an exclusive, 72-hour flash sale with 30% off room rates and a complimentary room upgrade when booking a Terrace Studio or above accommodation. A minimum two-night stay is required. Available for travel through Apr. 29, 2021. Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 14.
- Anniversary Packages: Boasting tried-and-true favorites alongside exclusive experiences the anniversary packages are built into three distinct tiers, some featuring offers never before available for public booking until now. These include: accommodations at the uber-exclusive Boulevard Penthouses, butler service, private jet transports, chef-tasting dinners, custom shopping experiences and more. Packages are now available for booking through Dec. 15, 2021 and range from $1,600 to Misfit Right In to $15,000 for Wrong Has More Fun and $250,000 to Access Excess.
- Recognizing 2020 Heroes: Through2020’s many challenges, we are grateful to local frontline workers, healthcare personnel and individual heroes who have provided us with a shining example of what it means to be Vegas Strong. In recognition and appreciation of these deserving heroes, The Cosmopolitan asks the Las Vegas community to assist us in identifying individuals who have selflessly served in 2020. Those selected will be gifted complimentary suite or penthouse experiences further detailed below. Nomination instructions can be found on the anniversary webpage. Entries will be accepted beginning Monday, Feb. 1 through Thursday, Feb. 28. Winners will be notified in April.
- Ten selected individuals will receive the Misfit Right In anniversary package. Valued at $1,600, the package includes a two-night stay in a Wraparound Terrace Suite, dinner for two at Scarpetta, and a celebratory champagne amenity.
- One grand prize winner will receive a luxurious multi-day experience valued at more than $50,000, including access to one of The Cosmopolitan’s coveted Boulevard Penthouses, 24-hour butler service, a personal photographer, a table at Marquee Nightclub, a helicopter tour and more for up to six guests.
- ‘Decade of Mischief’ Social Media Contest: Beginning Friday, Jan. 15, the ‘Decade of Mischief’ contest offers travelers a chance to win a Misfit Right In anniversary room package or one of four $250 resort gift cards. To enter, guests must either 1) share a photo of a favorite memory at The Cosmopolitan and submit online or 2) follow @cosmopolitan_lv on Instagram, post a photo onto their own public page and tag The Cosmopolitan with the hashtag #DecadeOfMischief. The call for entries will run through Jan. 31, and the winners will be announced in Feb. No purchase necessary for entry.
- Anniversary Food & Beverage Offerings: The Cosmopolitan’s award-winning Restaurant and Bar Collection will offer commemorative dishes and specialty prix-fixe menus Jan. 15 through the end of the year. A portion of proceeds from each 10-Year dish and menu will benefit the Las Vegas Rescue Mission. Restaurants and bars offering specialty menus include: The Barbershop, Beauty & Essex, Blue Ribbon, CliQue Bar & Lounge, The Chandelier, China Poblano, Holsteins, Jaleo, Momofuku, Scarpetta and Zuma.
- New Rose Tour & Social Photo Moment: Launching Jan. 15, The Cosmopolitan’s chatbot and resident mischief-maker Rose will debut a new property tour, triggered by texting “Photo Tour” to 702.930.8188. Guided via text, Rose will lead guests from one popular photo moment to the next, showcasing iconic backdrops to The Cosmopolitan’s most sought after photo locations. This includes a newly installed photo moment inspired by the resort’s latest brand campaign, Behind Closed Doors. Located on level two of the Boulevard Tower through the end of the year, guests are encouraged to take photos and share on their social channels using the hashtag #MakeAScene.
More to Come in 2021
The Cosmopolitan looks forward to introducing new food and beverage concepts, including the debut of Chef David Chang’s Bāng Bar by Momofuku at Block 16 Urban Food Hall in Spring 2021 along with the highly anticipated reveal of a new, first-to-market restaurant concept that will tout an indoor-outdoor terrace overlooking the Las Vegas Strip. Additionally, the resort’s ongoing culinary series, Paired, will continue through 2021, featuring intimate specialty dinners and limited, chef-curated menus.
The Cosmopolitan remains dedicated in its effort to support the Las Vegas community. Through the Giving Module, a program encouraging guests to donate spare change when redeeming slot ticket vouchers, the resort will continue its commitment to match $10,000 each fiscal quarter; coinciding efforts have garnered more than $115,000 since the Giving Module launched in July 2019.
The Cosmopolitan’s charitable recipient partners for the first quarter are: Junior Achievement of Southern Nevada, providing students with hands-on financial literacy curriculum and programs; American Indian College Fund, investing in Native students and tribal college education to transform the lives of young adults; Honor Flight Southern Nevada, benefiting opportunities for local veterans; and Las Vegas’ chapter of Teach for America, aiming to tackle educational inequity and poverty. Additionally, The Cosmopolitan will maintain an ongoing pledge of $250,000 to further support organizations centered in diversity and inclusion.