Girls on the Run Las Vegas (GOTR) invites the Las Vegas community to participate in their 2021 Fall 5K, a non-competitive community.
The event marks the culmination of this year’s GOTR fall season, a 10-week experienced-based curriculum designed to inspire girls in grades 3 through 8 to build confidence and make intentional decisions, while fostering care and compassion for themselves and others. Participants can run at their own pace with their group of friends, family members, colleagues or on their own.
“We are grateful for all our sponsors who made this year’s Fall 5K possible, and we are especially appreciative to United Way of Southern Nevada’s Women United, the Southern Nevada Health District, Enterprise Holdings and the University of Nevada Las Vegas,” said Kate McLaughlin, executive director, GOTR Las Vegas.
For the first time since fall 2019, more than 342 girls from 26 different sites around the valley will participate in the group celebratory event, their largest fall season yet. The GOTR girls will be accompanied by their coaches, adult running buddies and other community runners. Registration is still open for Community Runners and the Cheering Section.
Each year, Girls on the Run hosts two 5K events, gathering young girls from elementary and middle schools in Clark County to accomplish one common goal—to be healthy, confident and joyful. Each girl runs with an adult Running Buddy who runs alongside them during the 5K. This celebratory event marks the conclusion of a season-long curriculum designed to develop confidence, friendship, strength and emotional and spiritual health in young girls—all while integrating running. The program provides participants with a sense of accomplishment and instills the value of goal-setting at a young age.
- Kate McLaughlin, executive director, GOTR
- 342 girls participating in the Fall 5K and their site coaches
- Running Buddies and Community Runners participating in the Fall 5K
- Girls from around Southern Nevada dressed in festive, colorful running gear and race bibs, accompanied by their Running Buddies.
- Festival atmosphere with spirit stations and booths representing non-profit organizations across Southern Nevada, including Olive Crest, Hope Means Nevada, Encircle Together, Signs of Hope, Junior Achievement of Southern Nevada, Spread the Word Nevada, Just One Project and Code Switch.
- Community Corner, an area showcasing the girls’ community service projects.
- GOTR Gives Back information station, where attendees can learn how GOTR participants volunteer their time with other community organizations throughout the year.
Saturday, Dec. 4
Festivities begin at 8:30 a.m.
5K starts at 9:30 a.m.
University of Nevada, Las Vegas – Pida Plaza
4505 S Maryland Pkwy
Las Vegas, NV 89154
- Adult Community Runners: $35
- Children (under 18) Community Runners: $15
- Running Buddies: $15 – For adult runners affiliated with a girl registered in the GOTR 2021 fall season.
- Cheering Section: $35 – For those who are not interested or cannot complete a 5K themselves but do want to celebrate a GOTR girl or support Girls on the Run Las Vegas.
Click here to register as a Community Runner.
Twitter and Instagram: @gotrlv